Solar panel no longer charging C425 camera

Solar panel no longer charging C425 camera

14 Reply
Re:Solar panel no longer charging C425 camera
2024-08-25 16:17:00

@Jonesy31 

Thats frustrating. I have 4 of these cameras so just hoping I don't have this issue with all 4. I guess my first step is to try the replacement solar panel and hope it works. If it's happens on all 4 I'll probably just return everything.

Options
2024-08-25 19:43:20

@Bwood11 I have two cameras but only use a solar panel for one. I swapped my cameras over to make sure it wasn't a camera issue and it had the same issue so it's definitely something to do with the solar panel. Good luck!!

Options
2024-08-27 02:15:27

Bwood11 wrote

@Jonesy31 @Wayne-TP 

I am having this exact same issue. C425 camera and solar panel worked great for 3 weeks and now not charging. I've rebooted and checked wiring multiple times. Also the panel is getting good sunlight daily so everything is good on my end. Simply just not charging and showing in the app that same message Jonesy31 was getting. I think this may be some sort of software issue. 

is there any fix at this point?

@Bwood11 

You may refer to the Recommended Solution in this thread for troubleshooting.  Did you try to connect the solar panel to another camera? How does it work?

If neither of this solar panel can charge both camera's, and the other solar panel in the same location is capable of charging the devices, then this solar panel is probably damaged.

You can contact the retailer or local TP-Link support to proceed with warranty.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
a week ago

I just purchased a Tapo C425 with solar panel. From the very first installation, the camera app (iPhone) has never recognized the solar panel. I tried many things to fix it, even swapping the solar panel with another that I purchased and nothing helped. I talked with tech support for several hours yesterday but a resolution was never found. The technician claimed to have never seen nor heard of this problem. He was going to escalate it to another level tech support and they are supposed to call me. We'll see how that goes...

If a resolution is found, please post it as soon as possible. Since I just purchased the cameras and solar panels a few days ago I can still return them to the vendor for a refund, but I really don't want to do that if possible. But the camera is also pretty useless without a solar panel too... I don't want to have to manually recharge the battery and have it die while we are out of town.

Thanks...

Options
Related Articles