Tapo C225 V2 playback issue

a week ago - last edited Monday
Model: Tapo C225  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.7

I can't play videos recorded on the SD card located in the C225 V2 camera when the camera is set to privacy mode. The video never loads. As soon as I exit privacy mode I can play recorded videos. This only happens on C225 V2. I also have C225 V1 and C200 and don't experience this issue with them.

I am using latest Tapo app.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo C225 V2 playback issue-Solution
Monday - last edited Monday

@DeanK 

Hi,
We have a new firmware that may solve the issue. Please send me(@Solla-topee) the MAC address of your Tapo C225 V2 via a private message if you want to try the new firmware, and I'll send the firmware to your camera.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Tapo C225 V2 playback issue
a week ago

@DeanK 

Same camera, same firmware, same hardware version here. It stopped recording to the SD card entirely.

It worked for the first three months and without changing anything it just stopped.

That's Tapo...

Options
Re:Tapo C225 V2 playback issue-Solution
Monday - last edited Monday

@DeanK 

Hi,
We have a new firmware that may solve the issue. Please send me(@Solla-topee) the MAC address of your Tapo C225 V2 via a private message if you want to try the new firmware, and I'll send the firmware to your camera.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Monday

@aroedl 

Hi,
Your problem is different from the one reported by DeanK, it's recommended to start a new thread to post your issue with the following information for further assistance.
1. The model number and firmware version of your camera.
2. The model number, capacity, and format of the SD card.
3. The troubleshooting you did already.
4. Check if the Loop Recording feature is enabled on the camera's Storage & Recording>microSD Card page. You can also format the SD card via the Tapo app and check if it will work again.
Best Regards

Options
Monday

@DeanK 

I have the same problem with a recently purchased C225 v2 (firmware 1.0.7). I tried different video recording settings but the camera does not allow playback when in Privacy Mode. I always get a message "The network is unstable. Please try later." It does work when the camera is not in Privacy mode.

I also have a C225 v1 (firmware 1.0.28) and a D230 v1 doorbell camera (firmware 1.1.15) which have no problem playing back video.

Options
Tuesday

@Bruce-McDowall 

Hi,
For the reported case, please refer to the tips here.
Best Regards 

Options
Tuesday

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather not risk further issues and instabilities with beta firmware. I'm good as long as you are aware of the issue and your developers fix it in future stable firmware release.

Options
Tuesday

@DeanK 

Hi, 
The problem will be resolved on the next official firmware, please wait patiently, and you can update to the new firmware via the Tapo app when detecting it.
How to update the firmware of the Tapo&Kasa devices on the Tapo App
Best Regards

Options
Tuesday

@Solla-topee 

I am relieved that it is a common problem that is being addressed. I look forward to a firmware update to resolve this problem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 162

Replies: 8

Related Articles