Rejected request under RE mode - AX53 V2 Satellite Mode on Easymesh

Monday - last edited Tuesday
Model: Archer AX53  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 P1

I have recently purchased 3 TP Link devices, AXE75 & AX53 V2 routers and an RE815XE range extender.

I have setup the mesh network successfully with AXE75 as the main router and the wifi network is working seamlessly.

The issue I faced was that the other two devices were assigned dynamic IP addresses during setup which is not suited to my requirements.

I could overcome this on the RE815XE by logging in to the web management interface and assigning a static IP but when I tried the same on the AX53, I received an error message "Rejected request under RE mode".

Resetting the router, upgrading the firmware, and rejoining the mesh network did not help.

I also tried assigning a static IP before adding to the mesh but the problem persisted; the router's kept being assigned a dynamic address and access to the web management interface's still blocked with the same error message.

I am adding this as a feature request, i.e. the ability to access the web management interface of the AX53 V2 running in satellite mode and joining a mesh network.

Looking forward for your prompt response and hopefully the issue will be solved soon.

Regards,

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Rejected request under RE mode - AX53 V2 Satellite Mode on Easymesh-Solution

@omarhij78 

Hi,

What you are seeing is normal.

Currently it is not possible to log into TP-Link routers that are acting as EasyMesh Satellites.
The only exception is the Archer AX55 V1 with the latest firmware version. If and when other router models will follow is not known yet.

If you need your AX53 Satellite routers to have a certain IP address, then you need to do this via the "Address Reservation" feature of the "Main" router (the AXE75 in your case).

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Rejected request under RE mode - AX53 V2 Satellite Mode on Easymesh-Solution

@omarhij78 

Hi,

What you are seeing is normal.

Currently it is not possible to log into TP-Link routers that are acting as EasyMesh Satellites.
The only exception is the Archer AX55 V1 with the latest firmware version. If and when other router models will follow is not known yet.

If you need your AX53 Satellite routers to have a certain IP address, then you need to do this via the "Address Reservation" feature of the "Main" router (the AXE75 in your case).

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Rejected request under RE mode - AX53 V2 Satellite Mode on Easymesh
Yesterday

@woozle 

Thanks for the reply.

The address reservation worked for me but I still have the need to access and maintain my device.

Hopefully, the AX53 will receive this feature in the upcoming firmware update.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 65

Replies: 2

Related Articles