Tapo C500 moves randomly and away from events

2024-07-04 13:34:43
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 240506/39487n

I have just installed a TapoC500 one week ago and have updated to latest firmware 1.1.4 240506.  The camera seems sometimes to move randomly from side to side regardless of any moving objects in its sight. It is not in patrol mode, and I have deactivated movement tracking and detection due to a lot of movement at night with insects flying by. Person detection is on and I have created a smart trigger that should start movement tracking when a person is detected. However, the camera seems to be a bit "shy", as it turns the lens inward toward the wall sometimes when it detects a person coming close to the camera. Furthermore when a person walks across the detection area, the camera seems to turn in direction the person walks, but way ahead of the persons movement, so he/she falls out of sight. This happens also with passing cars even though I have turned off movement detection and motion tracking! Any assistance would be appreciated! The Tapo app is V 3.4.512

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo C500 moves randomly and away from events
2024-07-08 07:16:57

@Slenno 

Can you share some videos with us? You may send a cloud drive or YouTube link to me via private message.

Please double-check the detection zone of the person detection. Did you set it to full-screen?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Tapo C500 moves randomly and away from events
2024-07-08 12:01:51

@Wayne-TP 

I hav sent you alink to view some video captures. Person detection is not full screen. You will also find av screenshot of the detection zones set in the app. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 204

Replies: 2

Related Articles