C200 Privacy Zone leaving a gaps

2024-07-04 13:57:41
Tags: #Firmware #Privacy Zone
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.14

When creating Privacy Zones that touch either the botton or the right of the view port, the Privacy Zone will leave a gap. I know this isn't a major issue, but I would much appreciate if the issue was looked into when possible as it has been bugging me for a while.

Here is a video showcasing the issue https://youtu.be/VSynGJcfnBU.

I am using the latest Android app and firmware.

Thanks in advance for any support!

Options
3 Reply
Re:C200 Privacy Zone leaving a gaps
2024-07-05 09:15:03

@John3 

Hi,
From the provided video, there seems no gap when creating privacy zones, on the camera's Live view page, the privacy zones work fine.
If you don't want the privacy zone page to move when the "Entire View covered" message appears, you can add the privacy zone only on the area you want to cover, or you can add the privacy zone on the Portrait mode.
Best Regards

Options
2024-07-05 09:23:03 - last edited 2024-07-05 09:25:45

@Solla-topee there are gaps. If you look closely at 00:46 of my video you can see a tiny bit of the cable at the bottom edge of the view port, and at 01:20 you can see a little gap at the right edge of the view port.

Gaps are not produced on the top or left when masking the top or left, but gaps are produced on the bottom and right when masking the bottom or right.

Options
2024-07-05 11:17:33

@John3 

Hi,
Thank you for providing the detailed information to clarify the tiny gap issue. I have already feedback to the relevant department to improve it. If there are any updates, I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Note: This tiny gap will basically not affect the effectiveness of the privacy zone.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 199

Replies: 3

Tags

Firmware
Privacy Zone
Related Articles