Votes

Tapo Camera Notification Tap Play Recorded Clip

2024-07-09 21:15:03 - last edited 2024-08-09 03:55:45
Model: Tapo C120  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.15

When motion is detected, a notifification in the Anroid app is generated.  If I tap on the notification, the Tapo app opens with the live view of the camera.  It would be better if the app opened to play the recording that is associted with the notification.  If I get a notification that a person was detected, I'd like to see what was recorded, not the scene after the person left.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo Camera Notification Tap Play Recorded Clip-Solution
2024-07-26 03:57:22 - last edited 2024-08-09 03:55:45

A new app version showed up in Google Play and installed.  Now tap on notifications has been working as expected.  It must have been a bug.

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Tapo Camera Notification Tap Play Recorded Clip
2024-07-10 07:09:36 - last edited 2024-07-18 11:57:56

@Maton 

Hi,

Typically, you are unable to watch a video recording that is currently in the process of being stored. If you click the notification immediately after receiving it, you may be directed to the camera's Live View page since the corresponding video is still being stored. However, if you wait for a short period (such as 30 seconds to 1 minute, though the duration may vary), you will then be able to access the camera's Playback page and view the latest video recordings.

Best Regards

Options
2024-07-11 16:22:53

@Solla-topee This has not been my experience.  I just tapped on a notification about motion that occurred 1 hour ago and was taken to the live view.

Options
2024-07-12 07:32:45

@Maton 

Hi, 
Have you subscribed to the Tapo Care service or inserted an SD card into the camera?

For example, if you have inserted an SD card into the camera to store video recordings, please write the time and date when you received the notification, go to the camera's Playback & Download> Playback>SD card page, and then check if you can see and play the corresponding video clip related to the notification.

Best Regards

Options
2024-07-12 15:45:56

@Solla-topee Yes, an SD card is installed.  What you describe is what I do after tapping on the notificaiton brings me to the live view of the camera.  I go into Playback and Download and find the clip that generated the notification and tap on it to watch it.

Options
2024-07-15 10:10:06

@Maton 

Hi,
I have sent a Tapo debug app and instructions to collect the app log to you via a private message. Please try to reproduce the issue and record the whole process, collect the app log, and then send us the video and logs for further analysis.
Best Regards

Options
Re:Tapo Camera Notification Tap Play Recorded Clip-Solution
2024-07-26 03:57:22 - last edited 2024-08-09 03:55:45

A new app version showed up in Google Play and installed.  Now tap on notifications has been working as expected.  It must have been a bug.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-26 10:27:36

@Maton 

Hi,
If the problem is solved on the latest Tapo app, it's recommended to keep using the new app to monitor it, and please feel free to reply if there are any updates.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 187

Replies: 7

Voters 1