Lapse in Recordings Doorbell D130

2024-07-22 22:20:06
Model: Tapo D130  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 240205 Rel.51545n

Hello!

I have the D130 configured with Continuous recording 24/7 to a 64GB PNY Premier-X Class U3 SD Card.

It seems to have failed to record some time that corresponds to the same time that I was trying to immediately view a person notification that popped up on my phone.

Someone went out to get the mail and came back in. It failed to record the person returning. On the timeline it's simply a lapse in content as if it was never there.

I know there is a "card is full" message up top, but it's supposed to do loop recording. This problem happened just 30 minutes ago.

The white spots in the timeline (see screenshot) are where there was no footage recorded. It missed getting footage of someone coming back inside after going outside to get the mail.

Is this a known issue?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Lapse in Recordings Doorbell D130
2024-07-23 09:52:27

@envador 

Hi, 
You can try to reboot the Doorbell camera via the Tapo app>camera's Device Settings>Reboot Camera page and check if it helps.

Do you have the same issue before the SD card is full?

If you do not view a received person notification, whether the relevant detection video recording completed?

Best Regards

Options
2024-07-23 20:45:00

@Solla-topee 

Solla-topee wrote

@envador 

Hi, 
You can try to reboot the Doorbell camera via the Tapo app>camera's Device Settings>Reboot Camera page and check if it helps.

Do you have the same issue before the SD card is full?

If you do not view a received person notification, whether the relevant detection video recording completed?

Best Regards

HI Solla, 

Thank you for the reply.

1. Ok i've reboot the D130, but only time will tell if that helps, so I will check again in the morning.

2. I can't tell if this issue happened before the sd card filled upor not.

3. I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. However I went back to look at the timeline and did notice quite a few lapses in recording. So I guess this is happening regardless if I'm trying to view a notification or not.

Options
2024-07-24 08:55:13 - last edited 2024-07-24 09:14:33

@envador 

Hi,
Thank you for your attempt. If the problem remains, please refer to the below instructions to collect the camera log for further analysis.
How to get the log of Tapo Camera?

If your doorbell camera connects to a PC/NVR/NAS via RTSP/ONVIF protocol, please send me the model number of the device/app name used on the PC. Please check if the camera has the correct time on the Tapo app/third-party app.

Best Regards

Options
2024-07-24 20:10:43

@Solla-topee Thanks for the reply. I'll turn on logging and report back when I have a log to deliver.

Options
2024-07-25 08:37:44

@envador Thank you very much for your cooperation~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 175

Replies: 5

Related Articles