Multiple H100 hubs
2024-08-03 10:16:04 - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo H100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi guys just after a little advice. 

I live in a multi storey house, 

Has 3 floors (G/F1/F2) 

I do have young children in the house and my youngest is autistic who likes to wake up through out all sorts of hours of the night and escape artist. 

I've been looking at the contact sensors obv for the front and back doors if he manages to find the door keys to open the doors. 

Obv I will need the h100 hub but what I want to know is can I use more than 1x H100 hub in my house without any say handshake issues between them. 

Say 1 on the ground Floor and 1 one the top floor that we will have in our bedroom so if he manages to somehow find the keys and  open the front or back door or if we have any visitors of the night not only will a "alarm" noise go off downstairs but will also go off in our bedroom to alert us. 

I'm quite heavily invested in tp-link products from multiple routers,bulbs, cameras, 24 port switches 

And soon tp be adding more 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Multiple H100 hubs-Solution
2024-08-05 08:32:28 - last edited a week ago

@Basboi85 

Through Tapo automation, you can either set multiple sensors to trigger one or more hub to ring at the same time, or one sensor for one hub, etc. It is flexible according to your needs. 

In your case, be noted that the Tapo H100 need to be placed in a location with 2.4GHz WiFi signal coverage. The sensors can be put further away since they are directly connected to the hub rather than the router via a different wireless frequency.Introducing TP-Link SubGHz Technology

More information about Tapo Smart Action. How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Multiple H100 hubs-Solution
2024-08-05 08:32:28 - last edited a week ago

@Basboi85 

Through Tapo automation, you can either set multiple sensors to trigger one or more hub to ring at the same time, or one sensor for one hub, etc. It is flexible according to your needs. 

In your case, be noted that the Tapo H100 need to be placed in a location with 2.4GHz WiFi signal coverage. The sensors can be put further away since they are directly connected to the hub rather than the router via a different wireless frequency.Introducing TP-Link SubGHz Technology

More information about Tapo Smart Action. How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Multiple H100 hubs
2024-08-05 08:42:43

@Wayne-TP 

Hi thanks for replying, 

I have a home network setup all round my house/property 

Currently running 3 Ax72's (1 main,2 AP,

2x24 port 1gb tp link switches aswell as many tapo bulbs and cameras. 

Where I want to put the second chime will literally be about 1.5m from the top floor AP. 

It was more of a can you have multiple H100 units in the same network without causing a clash if you know what I mean? 

Many thanks for the reply 👍🏻

Options
2024-08-05 12:39:32

Basboi85 wrote

It was more of a can you have multiple H100 units in the same network without causing a clash if you know what I mean? 

@Basboi85 

Yes, I currently run three H100 units on the same network, no problem. 

Options
2024-08-05 12:57:08

@QuestionReality 

Sweet, 

Thankyou 👍🏻 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 187

Replies: 4

Related Articles