Tapo C200 microphone/ talk not working remotely

2024-08-15 14:35:34 - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 3.5.502

Love these cameras, however, the Talk is not working on the iPhone or Macbook Air apps... If it does go through, it sounds choppy and cuts off. My dog doesn't respond and the volume is up. I am accessing away from home, so unsure why this is not working. Thanks for any advice/ help!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo C200 microphone/ talk not working remotely-Solution
2024-08-16 09:28:41 - last edited a week ago

@LadyShine 

Hi,
If the audio from the camera sounds muffled or unclear, you may try the following troubleshooting suggestions:
    1. Make sure that there are no obstructions covering the microphone and speaker openings on the camera.
    2. Confirm the microphone and speaker volume of the camera are set at a high level on our app.
    3. Ensure the camera is positioned to allow clear and unobstructed sound reception. Avoid placing it in enclosed spaces or near surfaces that may reflect sound.

If the problem remains, can you share a video showing the reported issue for further analysis?    

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 microphone/ talk not working remotely-Solution
2024-08-16 09:28:41 - last edited a week ago

@LadyShine 

Hi,
If the audio from the camera sounds muffled or unclear, you may try the following troubleshooting suggestions:
    1. Make sure that there are no obstructions covering the microphone and speaker openings on the camera.
    2. Confirm the microphone and speaker volume of the camera are set at a high level on our app.
    3. Ensure the camera is positioned to allow clear and unobstructed sound reception. Avoid placing it in enclosed spaces or near surfaces that may reflect sound.

If the problem remains, can you share a video showing the reported issue for further analysis?    

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tapo C200 microphone/ talk not working remotely
2024-08-16 11:39:38

@Solla-topee It is free and clear, no obstructions. It worked fine until the latest update.

Options
2024-08-19 09:12:31

@LadyShine 

Hi,
1. Did the problem occur after upgrading the camera's firmware or after upgrading the Tapo app?

2. Please send me(@Solla-topee) the MAC address of your camera via a private message.

3. Could you please share a video showing the reported issue for further analysis? You can upload the video to your cloud server(such as Google Drive), then generate a link to download it and send me the link via a private message.

Best Regards

Options
3 weeks ago

Having the same issue. My cat is just staring out the window and doesn't even respond when I hold down the button to talk. It worked fine in May or so, and has been like this since.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Gearshifter 

Hi,
It seems the camera's speaker has an issue, please help test with your family member and confirm the following information.
1. If a person is in front of the camera, and you and your phone are in a different room, when talking to the camera via the Tapo app, can the person hear the voice from you?
2. Please ensure the microphone and speaker volume are set to the maximum level.

If no other person can help you complete the test, you can use the Call feature on the camera's Live View page. Play music on another phone or laptop, enable the Call feature on the Tapo app, place your phone close to the laptop/another phone, and then you can go to the camera and check if you can hear the music from the camera.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 230

Replies: 5

Related Articles