Motion detection triggers with camera's own light

2024-08-19 11:06:54 - last edited 2024-08-19 11:08:07
Model: Tapo C410  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.17

Hello,

I've bought a camera to stay inside on a place in my home where someone could break the glasses and come inside. It's just a division.

After setting it up, on the first night, I went on my app to check the camera and turned the light of the camera on. The alarm went off because it detected motion. The motion was caused by the camera's own light!!!

After that, I disbaled the alrm and turned on the privacy mode. After I disable privacy mode again, the light of the camera turned on automatically and triggered again the motion sensor!

I even set the sensitivity to 1 and it still triggered... how is this even acceptable?

Also, the rest of the detections sensors are awful. It detects a person and a pet on a chair...

Please fix...

Options
6 Reply
Re:Motion detection triggers with camera's own light
2024-08-20 10:27:06

@Capitolino 

Hi,
Please confirm the following information for the reported issue.

1. Is the camera installed to face a window? Which light on the camera triggers the motion detection at night, such as IR light, spotlight light, or status LED?

2. Can you share a video clip showing the reported issue?

3. Does the camera detect a pet as a person? 

Best Regards

Options
2024-08-22 10:30:15

@Solla-topee 

Hi, thanks for your reply.

1. It does not face windows (windows are behind blackouts. When I turn on the spotlight the motion is detected. Also, when I disable privacy mode, it detects motion as well.

2. I would like to share clips. I have here 3 clips, below 10 MB (which are the requirements to upload), but it's giving me "Failed to upload." I send the photos of the clips detecting Motion, Person and Pet.

3. No, it detects a chair as pet and a chair as a person.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Capitolino 

Hi,
1. What detection types have you enabled on the camera's Device Settings>Detection page? What's the Wake-up Sensitivity and the sensitivity value set for the enabled detection types?
2. You can upload the video recordings to your cloud server(such as Google Drive), generate a link to download them, and then send me the link(@Solla-topee) via a private message.
If you haven't subscribed to any cloud services, please feel free to let me know.
Best Regards

Options
3 weeks ago

@Capitolino 

Hi,
Thank you for the shared information.
I have escalated the case to the tech team, and they will contact you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.
Best Regards

Options
3 weeks ago

@Solla-topee waiting for their email. Thank you for your help!

Options
3 weeks ago

@Capitolino You are welcome~

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 176

Replies: 6

Related Articles