Can't connect camera to wi-fi

3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: don't know what this is/where to find it

Hi. Since I had a new router installed I haven't been able to connect my camera to the wifi. It's installed high up on the wall so not easy to reach to unscrew the panel where the reset button is on this model but it is already blinking red slowly after I switched it off & back on again at the power source. I assume that means it has reset but I'm not sure as I tried it with a pin in the little hole pressing for 5 seconds or more if that's another alternative too? I can just reach to do this through a window!
I've removed the camera from the app as suggested to factory reset & uninstalled the tapo app & reinstalled it but nothing works. I can't find the Tapo device network in my phones wifi settings either. I think the unique mac address was 6920 which was the 4 digits on the end of my camera name so I tried to add the network but that didn't work either!
I'm going round in circles with the troubleshooting advise so I need help please!

Desperately,
Cara

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can't connect camera to wi-fi -Solution

@CaraPW 

Hi,
From the problem description, it may be you have not factory reset the camera successfully. If you have an ethernet cable to connect the camera to the router, please have a try and then check if the camera will have a solid green light.
If yes, try to press the reset button for 10 seconds to reset it, when the LED has a flashing green and red status, disconnect the ethernet cable and try to set it up to connect to the new Wi-Fi network.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't connect camera to wi-fi -Solution

@CaraPW 

Hi,
From the problem description, it may be you have not factory reset the camera successfully. If you have an ethernet cable to connect the camera to the router, please have a try and then check if the camera will have a solid green light.
If yes, try to press the reset button for 10 seconds to reset it, when the LED has a flashing green and red status, disconnect the ethernet cable and try to set it up to connect to the new Wi-Fi network.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 122

Replies: 1

Related Articles