Person detection not registering on TC82 camera

3 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: TC82 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.18

Recently the TC82 camera I have installed at the front of my property is no longer detecting persons and does not send notifications. This had previously worked flawlessly however for no reason the camera stopped detecting people in the designated area. I have changed the area size and placing, increased/decreased the sensitivity and checked all settings, as well as reseting the device by removing from the app and again by the physical reset button. The issue still continues. I have moved motion detection to the same area and set notifications and this works as expected however changing this back to person, nothing is detected and no notifications. I have checked all settings on the phone to ensure nothing may be blocking the notifications, and the issue continues. I cannot use the motion detection due to requiring this for a different area. Any help in getting the person detection back and working again would be appreciated.  

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Person detection not registering on TC82 camera-Solution

@Adam-G 

Hi,
You can refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot if the detection feature on the camera is not working.
What to do if the Detection feature is not working on the TP-Link Camera?

If the problem remains, please confirm:
1. Send me pictures of the camera's Detection page, Person Detection page, detection zone page, and wake-up settings page.

2. Send me a picture of the camera's Notifications page.

3. Can you share a video showing there is a person in front of the camera but the camera can't detect him? 

You can upload the video and pictures to your cloud server(such as Google Drive), generate a link to download them, and then send me the link via a private message.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Person detection not registering on TC82 camera-Solution

@Adam-G 

Hi,
You can refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot if the detection feature on the camera is not working.
What to do if the Detection feature is not working on the TP-Link Camera?

If the problem remains, please confirm:
1. Send me pictures of the camera's Detection page, Person Detection page, detection zone page, and wake-up settings page.

2. Send me a picture of the camera's Notifications page.

3. Can you share a video showing there is a person in front of the camera but the camera can't detect him? 

You can upload the video and pictures to your cloud server(such as Google Drive), generate a link to download them, and then send me the link via a private message.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Person detection not registering on TC82 camera
2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee hi there. I sent a direct message with the attachments included. I've changed the motion and person detection again and it seems it is the AI filtering out the detection of people based on the battery charging results. Yesterday there was 98 detections filtered out by the AI. Cam this be changed in a setting or an update? 

Options
2 weeks ago

@Adam-G 

Hi, 
Wake-up Times shows the number of times the camera is woken up each day. Detection events are actual recognized events detected by the camera, which can trigger alerts or recordings based on your settings. Filtered events refer to the events that were excluded, potentially due to occurring outside the detection area or being classified as invalid movement, such as a tree swaying.
"Filtered By AI" doesn't mean the camera filters the person detection based on the battery charging results.

To address your problem, please confirm the information on this thread.

Best Regards

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

Hello. Thank you for the reply. So why is the camera now filtering person detection so much and not sending any notifications? I have the settings exactly the same between motion and person and have swapped the exact areas over again and again to test (motion in the same place as person and person now where motion was - and vice versa). As displayed, there is a huge difference between the start of the week and the last 2 days for detected and filtered and this is when I swopped them over. I am routinely not getting any person detections, when this worked perfectly, yet high filtered. Thank you. Adam.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

Hello again,

To confirm I had tried all the points and also re-set the device twice. Following this I sent a private message with screen shots and videos of the issues via a Google Drive link. 

Thanks. 

Options
2 weeks ago

@Adam-G 

Hi,
The reason why I want you to provide the information(pictures and videos) on this post is to address the reported issue. I did receive your private message, but the Google Drive link is incorrect, and you have entered the forum link twice.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 166

Replies: 6

Related Articles