Smart Action 2.0: Unlock Next-Level Smart Home Automation

Smart Action 2.0: Unlock Next-Level Smart Home Automation

You are stepping into a whole new, more comprehensive era of smart homes. Join us in our upgraded Smart Action 2.0, and explore and unlock even more possibilities.

Unleash the Power of Smart Actions for Smarter Living

Automate Your Devices at a Certain Time

Gone are the days when one had to control home appliances manually. Preset a schedule with the Tapo app to automatically manage your smart home devices according to your daily routine and preferences.

Trigger Automations from Another Device's Actions

Set rules to automate your smart home devices when certain events occur, like another accessory turning on/off or detecting something. Create a more secure, convenient, and comfortable living space for you and your loved ones.

Multitasking Made Easy

With the Shortcut function, you can control multiple devices all at once for a customizable scene. Using just one tap on the Tapo app, or a simple voice command, you can instantly set the perfect ambience for any activity.

Unlock Next-Level Smart Actions

Elevate Your Life with Smart Actions 2.0 Templates

Unlock 20+ new templates for limitless lifestyle scenarios! Each template offers detailed scenario descriptions to help you choose the proper one. Tailored scenarios with in-template customizations for a hassle-free life.

Introducing Conditional Automation

· Automations only run when your conditions are triggered.

· Set various device statuses as conditions.

Say Hello to Geofencing

· Use your location as an automation trigger.

· Supports multiple location triggers.

· Supports multi-device control from one Tapo account.

Seamless Integration with Siri Shortcuts

Integrate Tapo Shortcuts with Siri Shortcuts for voice-activated control.

Easier Management of Smart Actions

You check the device-related Smart Actions at its Status page now for ultra-convenience and easier management.

Even More to Discover

You check the device-related Smart Actions at its Status page now for ultra-convenience and easier management.

• Custom automation notifications when running an automation.

• Supports delaying actions.

• Custom time durations for No Motion trigger. If no motion is detected for the specified duration, the trigger will activate the designated actions.

• Custom time durations for Open Sensor trigger. When the Contact Sensor remains open for the specified duration, the trigger will activate the designated actions.

• Duplicate shortcuts and automation

• Multi-select devices when setting actions.

• Set sunrise/sunset effect timing.

• Custom shortcuts are displayed on the Home page.

Things You May Want To Know

1. Is Smart Action 2.0 available for Kasa devices?

Yes! In addition to the skills supported in the Kasa App itself, syncing your Kasa device to the Tapo App will give you the ability to turn on additional skill permissions for your Kasa device!

2. When will the Smart Action 2.0 be officially released?

05/23/2024: Full rollout.  Visit the "Smart" section in the Tapo App to explore more!

Note: Smart Action 2.0 is supported on Tapo App 3.3.1xx and above versions.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Report a bug or problem? Start a new thread!

Tapo Smart Camera | Kasa Smart Camera

Tapo Smart Plug | Kasa Smart Plug

Tapo Smart Lighting | Kasa Smart Lighting

Tapo Smart Switch | Kasa Smart Switch

Tapo Smart Hubs | Kasa Thermostat

Tapo Smart Sensors

Tapo Robot Vacuums

Feature Request: Tapo | Kasa

Let's Discuss!

Tag #Smart Actions and #Smart Action 2.0 (custom)

Discover Smart Devices Crafted by Tapo

Looking for More?

How to Create Smart Actions

Related Articles

Meet Brand-New Tapo 3.0 App

New Tapo APP for Pad Devices -- App Lanscape Mode!

Let's Discuss! What Can You Do with Home Automation?

How To Build A Smart Home (Beginner Guide 101)

What does TP-Link introduce at CES 2024?

Control Smart Device with Deco App < Tapo/Kasa/Philips Hue/Matter >

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.

Comment

Have you got any ETA for official release? Will it solve my current problems between Kasa and Tapo automations and smart actions? In Kasa app I have geofencing routines with KE100. I can see this action in Tapo app, but it is invalid (probably invalid trigger or unsupported device).

Hi,

Could you please confirm why the beta functionalities have taken away?

I'm unable to manage the automations that I had created before the beta as well as during the beta.

I've just seen in this post that I have lost access to all my automations because I was in the beta version.

Why we haven't been advised the date when the beta was being removed? 

I have now automations that I need to delete or manage and I can't do any of my 12 automations. 

Normally, a beta version is not discontinued but developed further and becomes a release version after successful testing. Were there any serious problems with this one?

More than one week and still not a word. No explanation or a solution for the beta testers.

@Solla-topee @Wayne-TP someone, please say something. 

Hi Konrad44,

perhaps i have a workaround for you.

This one works for my home.

I have ten KE100 wich i want to use only via tapo app.

with the newest update it works, but the automations wont work anymore.

So i downgraded to the beta app an disabled automatic update in playstore since a solution is found.

In the beta app i tried much, but here is how it works.

I have got a picture for you, the text is in german.

I will translate and explain it for you.

You have to do your actions twice. The original action is done in the Kasa app. Here are your actions defined.

For me, i have the temperatures for every thermostaic valve set (4).

The apps are synced together, but you are not able to use the Kasa actions (2) in Tapo app directly.

It says the devices are not present.

However, you can create an action (1) in wich you start the Kasa action (2) within the Tapo app.

I think the arguments will be given to the Kasa app and then it starts.

You can check the correct functionality in Kasa app.

Sometimes you have to tap the action twice, because you get some errors from Tapo app.

But for me it works.

And you can open the Tapo action (1) in your automatios as well.

TapoKasa

Hi @PeterKarch ,

Thanks for your recomendation and workaround. It is a very good idea for the temperature sensor (included among the Kasa app devices).

However, this procedure is not valid for my T100 motion sensor, since it is not included in Kasa, it can only be managed from Tapo.

Regards.

I was looking for a solution to the same problem, i've jsute discovered that i can't modify my automation created in the beta ! that's a very strange way to thanks beta tester.
That's the fist time i see a beta discontinued like this, i hope final version will be available very soon

Hey djinet,

what do you want to do with your motion sensors?

Perhaps is it possible to get them work via the workaround too.

And i'm with you, this is not a solution!

I am an it-technician but for tp-link only a user!

I like these products, goog price and good quality.

I think they made a mistake in update policy.

The downgrade to version 3.2.204 beta works very well.

I hope there will be a solution soon...

Looking forward!

Regards

Hi @PeterKarch 

What I would like to achieve is that when my T100 sensor detects movement, the recording action of my C420 cameras will be triggered.

I already know that the cameras have a motion detector, but since I have them about 12 meters high, the T100 detector works better. I have done the appropriate tests and the T100 scope works much better, but the automations do not allow a recording action.

Regards

upload
    upload
      Subscriptions