Inconsistent live video streaming results on Tapo app, C200 camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-23 02:16:17
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.22

Hello,

I recently purchased a Tapo C200 camera with the purpose of occasionally using the live stream feature remotely when i am away from my home, it was working perfectly at the start, however recently it is taking very long for the Tapo app to display the live stream video, the screen would load for a long time and then time out eventually, i have tried closing and opening the app but the results are the same, sometimes when i get lucky the live stream video will finally appear on certain occasions.

Viewing the livestream video when the phone is connected to the same wifi network as the camera works perfectly however. 

What can i do to resolve this issue? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Inconsistent live video streaming results on Tapo app, C200 camera
2022-10-15 01:02:13

Hello @superskareb 

Sorry for the late reply. If the the camera live feed lags or freeze,you could try some tips here 

As the router signal strength and quality plays an important role to ensure sooth live-streaming.
1. Ensure the camera is receiving a good signal on the APP:
How to check the network connection stability of a Tapo Camera
2. Ensure Tapo app and camera are both up to date.

From your description, the camera live feed works fine in the local network, but not remote network, this is most likely relate to the outside network.

It is recommended to switch to a different non-local Wi-Fi network&  try the mobile data to stream the live feed. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 399

Replies: 1

Related Articles