New C210 image - is the IR filter stuck?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-11 16:06:06 - last edited 2022-11-11 16:11:28
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

I received my Tapo C210 today and have set it up as per the instructions. Annoyingly, on connecting it looks like something is wrong with the camera - there's a very pink wash to many things and I'm wondering if it's the IR filter not working properly. As you can see in the below photos (top from Tapo, bottom from phone), my hoodie is definitely not pink!

I've tried resetting the camera as well as forcing it to night mode and day mode several times, but no luck.

Any advice, or should I seek a replacement?

Options
2 Reply
Re:New C210 image - is the IR filter stuck?
2022-11-14 11:10:13

@NickD 

1. Try to give a good shake of the camera.

2. Try to manually switch the Day Mode and Night Mode in the Tapo APP. (Camera Liveview page->Upper right corner, click Auto.)

If the image still looks pink, it looks like the IR filter is stuck indeed. If that is the case, we recommend reaching out to the local tech support, so they can help to proceed with the replacement:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:New C210 image - is the IR filter stuck?
2022-11-14 11:27:23

@Wayne-TP 

Hi - thanks, I've tried both of those, but no change unfortunately - I'll contact support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 558

Replies: 2

Related Articles