Bug Android App; Camera account password; no special characters allowed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-10 23:03:39
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.15

Hello,

i tried a password in the camera account settings of my tapo c100 which had special characters in it.

I wondered why it did not work on my external app to log in. Than I thought maybe special characters might not be allowed (blank space maybe too). That was it

You should double check that (also the username?) and  mabe display it in the interface that you cannot use special characters.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Bug Android App; Camera account password; no special characters allowed
2023-03-13 02:51:08

@Hubertushuberus 

Hello, thank you for the feedback. The camera account in the Camera Settings page is different from the TP-Link ID/account, it is used for camera login on other portals, like on the third-party camera surveillance software or a NAS.

How to view Tapo camera on PC through RTSP stream?

If you want to change a new password, go to APP->Me->Click account name/email address->Change password.

If you want to use a new email address as the TP-Link account, please create a new TP-Link ID with the new email and then reconfigure the device to the new account. What is TP-Link ID and how to create a TP-Link ID?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 266

Replies: 1

Related Articles