C400S2 Camera support with RSTP protocol

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-14 22:38:52
Model: Tapo C400S2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.20

Hi all, 

I bought C400S2 wireless camera and to have come to know that some tapo sec camera models, support protocol RSTP. 

Probably for nature of this type of camera (work with rechargable battery) it's not possible but i ask you if you have an official indication about that. 

I cannot found RSTP port open (i scan my network) which would confirm that how supposed is correct. 

Thanks

Alex

Options
3 Reply
Re:C400S2 Camera support with RSTP protocol
2023-06-15 10:49:32

@AlexCas 

Hi,
On the datasheet of the Tapo C400S2, you can see what protocol the camera support. Currently, the battery-powered Tapo camera does not support the RTSP.
Tapo C400S2(EU)_V1_Support page

For the Tapo camera that supports the RTSP, you can refer to the link below to use this feature.
How to view Tapo camera on PC through RTSP stream?

Best Regards

Options
2023-06-15 11:29:35

Hi @Solla-topee,

thanks for reply and details, I appraciate. I'm interesting to try to access to my camera from a Local Home Server and use Python to implement control algorithm to improve notification of events captured by camera. 

Is it possible using one of protocoll supported by this camera? I didn't find any documentation to login with video stream trough protocol available for C400S2.

Regards,

Alex

Options
2023-06-16 10:02:46

@AlexCas 

Hi,
The Tapo C400S2 supports to be viewed via the Tapo app only. We are unable to provide support to make it work with third parties tools and guarantee performance. 
Best Regards

Options