Connectivity problem - Do I need a second hub?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-30 09:08:02
Model: Tapo H200   Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: latest

Hello,

I have purchased and set up the package H200 + 2 x C420.

We have a house with a hillside situation (3 floors in total). One camera monitors the outdoor area in front of the house, the other camera monitors the garden area one floor below.

I had first placed the hub near my router, but already had a bad connection to the camera in front of the house. Therefore, I have now placed the hub near the camera via powerline and the reception is of course very good.

Unfortunately, I now have a problem with the reception of the second camera down in the garden. Is it possible to connect a second hub here to fix the reception problem? If so, which hub makes sense here?

And a second question: can the camera images and recordings also be played back on the local PC?

Thank you very much for any feedback.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Connectivity problem - Do I need a second hub?
2023-07-31 08:38:26 - last edited 2023-07-31 08:39:17

@Currywurst 

Hi, 
Since you have a Tapo H200 hub, it's suggested to move its location and check if the 2nd camera can get a good signal from the hub. If yes, purchasing a second Tapo H200 to provide the signal to your two cameras is no problem.

It's unable to stream the Tapo C420 or record the camera videos on a local PC directly, however, if there is a SD card inserted into the hub to save camera recordings, you can connect the SD card to your PC via a SD card adapter and then watch the video recordings.

Best Regards

Options
2023-07-31 17:18:44

@Solla-topee 

Thank you. Unfortunately, the distance is too far. I need a 2nd H200.

I've checked the www already, but nobody is offering the H200 alone, without the 2 cams.

Where can I get it from?

Thank you!

Options
2023-08-01 11:44:51

@Currywurst 

Hi, I suggest going to "Where to Buy" on the official website to check if a single Tapo H200 is available. If not, maybe you can contact your retailer to check if it's possible to switch the model from Tapo C420S2 to 2x Tapo C420S1.

Hope these tips will help you.

Options