C110 Unable to Connect - Local only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-02 16:33:29 - last edited 2023-11-02 16:34:57
Model: Tapo C110  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.2

Ok I could use some guidance on where to troubleshoot next...Here is the situation:

There is a typical isp 2.4 router and a TP-Link extender operational in the house. (Most smart devices I have operate on the extender, all is fine). The router is single channel, only at 2.4 with WPA2-PSK-AES encryption.

C110 setups and operates normally, but the phone app claims it's offline, it can't sync the date/time, I can't view it remotely, Google assistant does not see it, can't use the cloud etc.

C110's ip shows up normally in the extender app. I can also view the stream on my desktop (also connected on the extender) on VLC using RTSP. (Meaning the extender assigns an ip to it as expected?)

I obviously have done all the steps suggested by the manual like switching to google's dns (Which I don't like) re-done the setup, reset the camera, power cycled, turned off the firewall on the router, but nada. 

Additionally, I have tried to set it up using a mobile hotspot, and there it goes online perfectly, so def something is up with my network. I have zero idea where to look though, not done anything fancy with static ips, port forwarding etc, everything is a default.

Ideas?

Here is also a log I pulled out of the sd https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gt11x6z5KRoEH1vITjvop4k6a-TBki_K/view?usp=drive_link

Options
1 Reply
Re:C110 Unable to Connect - Local only
2023-11-03 10:01:54

@Josh_Nichols 

Hi, 
You can refer to the suggestions in the below link to troubleshoot if you fail to control your Tapo camera.
What to do if I can't control my Tapo cameras on the Tapo app?

For your case, please check if the router has special settings such as MAC Filtering, Access Control, etc. And if so, disable them for a try.

Please help confirm the following information if the problem remains.
1) The model number of your router and your range extender.
2) Please try to connect the camera to your router directly rather than the range extender and check if it can be controlled remotely.

If your problem is solved, any experience/solution sharing is highly appreciated!

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 414

Replies: 1

Related Articles