C325WB brightness

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C325WB brightness

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
C325WB brightness
C325WB brightness
2024-01-22 12:27:37
Model: Tapo C325WB  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 231107

Hi, bit of an odd question I know but - the camera's night vision is too good for what I want :)   I'm using it as a sky camera. It's looking at the stars and of course the weather. The night vision is such that when the sky is very dark and covered in bright stars to the human eye, it's a very pale grey on the camera ... with the stars hardly visible. 

My question is, is there any way to tweak the contrast so that the sky is darker and the light points stand out? Its sensitivity is such that it could be great for this purpose, and I think a lot of people would be interested - IF this were possible. 

I've tried to attach an example showing very clearly how it is / how I'd like it to be, but the image uploader on this forum does not work (bizarrely it says "Image source URL is missing" which makes no sense). Hopefully you get the idea. 

Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:C325WB brightness
2024-01-23 09:24:10

@Skipstarry 

Hi,
On the Tapo app>go to the camera's Device Settings>Video & Display>HDR page to enable this option, ensure the Video Quality is set to 2K, and then check if the image is better than now.

Usually, you can copy and paste the picture when replying to me, after you tap Post, the picture will be uploaded on the thread.

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-23 10:05:51

@Solla-topee 

Thanks yes I got the camera for the 2k. Good point on the HDR. I'll try turning it off and see if that's better. 

If I try to paste an image l get a popup saying "content or title contains illegal external links"!

Options
2024-01-24 08:58:54

@Skipstarry 

Hi,
I have forwarded your case to the tech team, and they will contact you via email, and then you can send us the pictures via email.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 539

Replies: 3

Related Articles