Tapo c200 not connecting to wifi

2024-05-01 22:45:19 - last edited 2024-06-07 09:02:57
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I just unboxed my brand new Tapo C200 a few minutes ago. I checked that it arrived in good conditions, read the instructions and took note that it wasnt too far off from our previous device. We'd used a different brand back then but with such good reviews,  how could i not give this one a shot? Our previous brand connected to our wifi just fine, it having the same 2.4GHz requirement. But for some reason our tapo refuses to 1. Find our wifi (even though its placed right next to it) and 2. Connect to it even after we typed in the information correctly by hand. The bulb flashes red and the Tapo device states its connecting but then we end up with an error message on my phone! 

If we could possibly find a fix for this id be quite grateful.  But if there isnt, id like to be notified so i can issue a refund :')

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo c200 not connecting to wifi-Solution
2024-05-03 09:19:52 - last edited 2024-06-07 09:02:57

@CherryBerry 

Hi,
You can refer to the link below to troubleshoot if you fail to configure the camera.
What should I do if I fail to configure Tapo Camera?

Please help confirm the following information if the problem remains.
1. The test results of the above steps.
2. Try to change the 2.4G wireless channel to 1-11 on the router, save the changes, reboot the router, and then check if the camera can connect to the 2.4G Wi-Fi or not.
3. Can you see the SSID of the router on your phone or other devices, such as tablets, PCs, etc?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo c200 not connecting to wifi-Solution
2024-05-03 09:19:52 - last edited 2024-06-07 09:02:57

@CherryBerry 

Hi,
You can refer to the link below to troubleshoot if you fail to configure the camera.
What should I do if I fail to configure Tapo Camera?

Please help confirm the following information if the problem remains.
1. The test results of the above steps.
2. Try to change the 2.4G wireless channel to 1-11 on the router, save the changes, reboot the router, and then check if the camera can connect to the 2.4G Wi-Fi or not.
3. Can you see the SSID of the router on your phone or other devices, such as tablets, PCs, etc?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 553

Replies: 1

Related Articles