No idea what is wrong with my Tapo C100

2024-05-17 05:06:01 - last edited 2024-06-07 09:11:19
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.20

I have no idea where to find the hardware version you're asking for.  

Anyway, my problem is that I'm not able to set up my camera.  I have no idea what the trouble is.  I have reset it with no luck, but it won't connect with the wi-fi.  What I don't understand is why the lady I was talking to a couple of days ago, said that I wasn't supposed to use the tapo.cam wi-fi, but the instructions say that I need to.  Either way , nothing happens.  It says...Unable to Connect to Your Tapo device.  Also, I'm not able to change the wi-fi name or anything like that because I rent a room here and the internet is included.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Christine

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:No idea what is wrong with my Tapo C100-Solution
2024-05-20 09:54:43 - last edited 2024-06-07 09:11:19

@Chrismc64 

Hi,
If you have the error message "unable to connect to your Tapo device" when configuring the camera, please help confirm the following information.

1. The LED status on the camera. If the LED is not flashing red and green, please press the reset button for 10 seconds to factory reset the camera.

2. If the LED is flashing red and green, please go to your phone's Settings>Wi-Fi page, and check if you can see the default SSID(Tapo_Cam_XXXX) of the camera.
If not, try to reset the camera, or use a different phone or tablet to double-check.

3. If you can see the default SSID and can connect to it, try to set up the camera again.
How to set up the Tapo camera?

Btw, on the room you rent, how do you connect to the included Wi-Fi? For example, do you need to pass a portal authentication page to go to the Internet, or do you need to enter a wireless password to connect to the Wi-Fi network to go to the Internet?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:No idea what is wrong with my Tapo C100-Solution
2024-05-20 09:54:43 - last edited 2024-06-07 09:11:19

@Chrismc64 

Hi,
If you have the error message "unable to connect to your Tapo device" when configuring the camera, please help confirm the following information.

1. The LED status on the camera. If the LED is not flashing red and green, please press the reset button for 10 seconds to factory reset the camera.

2. If the LED is flashing red and green, please go to your phone's Settings>Wi-Fi page, and check if you can see the default SSID(Tapo_Cam_XXXX) of the camera.
If not, try to reset the camera, or use a different phone or tablet to double-check.

3. If you can see the default SSID and can connect to it, try to set up the camera again.
How to set up the Tapo camera?

Btw, on the room you rent, how do you connect to the included Wi-Fi? For example, do you need to pass a portal authentication page to go to the Internet, or do you need to enter a wireless password to connect to the Wi-Fi network to go to the Internet?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 355

Replies: 1

Related Articles