Too many Voice Notification using Google nest mini

2024-05-28 20:36:43
Model: Tapo C120  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.13

Hi.
I get Voice Notification  for all motion detections in Google nest mini but only person detection are selected in Tapo app,
when a person is detected, i get a dubbel voice Notification   in Google Mini,  one for a motion detection and afterwards a Voice Notification   for a person detection 
When i turn off Voice Notification   in Google Home all detections are off, so that is ok.
Have tried to restart the apps and Google nest mini 
and turned voice option in Google on/off, 
removed the connection between Tapo and Google and connected them again,
changed the motion settings in Tapo app, both in "Away" and "home" mode 
but same problem, 
I get the right notifications on my phone from Tapo app, 
the apps are updated to newest version and running on IOS v.17.4.1

Options
5 Reply
Re:Too many Voice Notification using Google nest mini
2024-05-29 08:34:14

@Benny-A 

Hi,
Generally, only when the Motion detection is enabled on the Tapo app>camera's Device Settings>Detection page, and when the camera detects a motion, you will get a motion-detected voice notification in Google Mini.

If you get a Motion detection voice notification when you think the Motion Detection is turned off on the Tapo app, it's recommended to go to the camera's Device Settings>Detection page to double-check the enabled detection types.
Maybe you have enabled the Motion Detection feature when you modified settings, such as applying Home mode or Away mode, etc.

Best Regards

Options
2024-05-29 19:51:02

As i wrote in my previous post, only person detection are selected in Tapo app both for away and home, 
and  notifications are ok from Tapo app but 
I get Voice Notification for all motion detections in Google nest mini, and dubbel if a person are detected  
@Solla-topee 

Options
2024-05-30 10:43:46

@Benny-A 

Hi,
Can you provide the time, date, and time zone when you received a voice notification for motion detection recently for further analysis?
Best Regards

Options
2024-06-02 19:55:15

my timezone are GMT+1
and latest person detection from Tapo app was 2. june 2024 at 5.36.33 pm european time 17.36.33
first i get notification from Tapo app that a person is detected afterwards the same from Google nest mini, following another message from Google nest mini that a motion is detected 

Options
2024-06-05 10:09:39

@Benny-A 

Hi,

I have reported the case to the tech team, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Best Regards

Options