Tapo L630 keeps turning on

2024-06-04 15:10:10 - last edited 2024-07-02 02:59:09
Model: Tapo L630  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 230823 Rel. 165100

I have three L630 bulbs and one of them keeps turning on (after a delay) when turned off. I'm not sure what the delay is but if I go back to the bulb maybe an hour or so later it'll be on again.

I've factory reset the bulb and renamed it but the problem persists.

The other two bulbs (same model, hardware, firmware) are fine.

(I searched the forum before posting and found this similar topic Tapo L630 keeps on turning on - Smart Home Community (tp-link.com) but I don't have any schedules set and don't get the network error.)

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo L630 keeps turning on-Solution
2024-06-06 08:57:47 - last edited 2024-07-02 02:59:09

@auto-it 

How about the Away mode? Did you check it?

Please try to reset this light bulb, keep it unconfigured and monitor if this problem still occurs. Is this light bulb have the same hardware and firmware version as the others?

Try to swap these light bulb's location/lamp base, check if that make any differences.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Tapo L630 keeps turning on-Solution
2024-06-06 08:57:47 - last edited 2024-07-02 02:59:09

@auto-it 

How about the Away mode? Did you check it?

Please try to reset this light bulb, keep it unconfigured and monitor if this problem still occurs. Is this light bulb have the same hardware and firmware version as the others?

Try to swap these light bulb's location/lamp base, check if that make any differences.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tapo L630 keeps turning on
2024-06-06 11:18:16 - last edited 2024-06-06 11:56:20

@Wayne-TP Thanks for the response.

Away Mode isn't enabled for any of the three lights. 

I have already factory reset the misbehaving bulb and haven't configured it apart from joining the WIFI network and naming it. There are no automations for it.

Interestingly, I turned all three bulbs off at the source yesterday and when turning on again today the "bad" bulb is showing as "Offline" in the app whereas the other two are available as normal. The "bad" bulb was usable in the app yesterday so it looks like it's faulty somehow. 

The "bad" bulb is still "Offline" but is turned on and is blinking off about every second. Its WIFI network is not available so it doesn't seem to be in pairing mode.

All three bulbs are connected to the same physical switch (which is normally left on). Are you suggesting swapping the bulbs between fixtures? They're all connected to the same supply so I don't know what that would do.

Yes all three bulbs are the same hardware and firmware versions. (And they were all bought together).

Options
2024-06-07 03:55:30

@auto-it 

The tech team was made aware of this situation, they will likely contact you via email to continue troubleshooting this case. Please check your email box later and confirm.

Options
2024-06-07 10:21:27

@Wayne-TP  Yes Tech have been in touch and I've emailed them some details. Thanks for sorting that out!

Options
2024-07-29 07:51:16

auto-it wrote

I have three L630 bulbs and one of them keeps turning on (after a delay) when turned off. I'm not sure what the delay is but if I go back to the bulb maybe an hour or so later it'll be on again.

I've factory reset the bulb and renamed it but the problem persists.

The other two bulbs (same model, hardware, firmware) are fine.

(I searched the forum before posting and found this similar topic Tapo L630 keeps on turning on - Smart Home Community (tp-link.com) but I don't have any schedules set and don't get the network error.)

Hi,

I am having the exact same experience with my Tapo L630 (GU10), just as you described. And I did a very similar troubleshoot too. My first L630 failed on the 14th July 2024, and I just couldn't get it back online. So I thought maybe it was just end of life (even though the lamp did power on, followed by intermittent pulsing). I ordered a replacement no problem. All good! However, yesterday (29th July 2024) one of my other L630's failed which brought me to this site looking for answers. I still have the first L630 in its box (just in case Tapo can do something to retrieve it to a normal working service again). 

If Tech support are monitoring this, I'd greatly appreciate some support/advice here please.@auto-it 

Options
2024-07-31 11:05:15

@JaseM 

Are these two bulbs installed in the same fixture? Does it pulse continuously after turning on itself, or just blink once?

Did you take any videos? Please send it to me through PM. 

Options
2024-07-31 12:20:11

@Wayne-TP 

Hi Wayne,

thank you for getting back to me.

The Tapo L630's were installed in two separate fittings, but are on the same feed/light switch.

Yes, the lamp continues to blink about every three seconds after illuminating by itself.

video to follow via PM.

Many thanks! 

Options
2024-08-02 13:38:12

I'm also having the same problem as the other users are describing.

Light seems stuck in a specific state, and cannot connect to wifi or do any reset. I have two in the same room, the other is fine.

I already tried different plugs, but the problems seem to be related to the light itself.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 516

Replies: 8

Related Articles