L630 colour temp now only goes down to 2500K?

a week ago
Model: Tapo L630  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 240621

Recently I noticed a smart action I had set up to change the colour temperature of my L630 bulbs was flagged as containing invalid actions.  As the app then doesn't offer any help in working out which action is at fault, I decided the easiest way to resolve this would be to just delete and recreate.

On doing so, the problem became obvious - the original smart action, which has been working just fine ever since I first installed these bulbs a couple of years ago, called for them to be set to 2400K, however in the Tapo app now the slider will only go down to 2500K.  On the L630 product webpage however, they're still listed as offering a temperature range of 2200K-6500K...

This all seems to have started around the time I applied the latest firmware update to the bulbs, however the release note for that suggests all of the changes were beneficial ones (which isn't how I'd classify a reduction in the available colour temperatures), so I'm not sure if it's actually the firmware limiting the range, or if the update has confused the app such that it's incorrectly limiting the minimum to 2500K.

It'd be nice to therefore get some official clarification as to what the expected temperature range of these bulbs now is, and either update the product information page or the app as appropriate so that everything is consistent again.

Options
1 Reply
Re:L630 colour temp now only goes down to 2500K?
a week ago

@TwisterUK 

Thank you for the feedback. This issue will be addressed in a new firmware version. The release date is currently uncertain.

If you would like to obtain this firmware version in advance, send me your device's Mac address via PM.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 75

Replies: 1

Related Articles