Access to SD Card

Access to SD Card
Access to SD Card
2024-06-05 13:22:34 - last edited 2024-06-14 04:04:55
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I'm relatively new to TAPO cams, bot not to IPCAMs in general.

I purchased a couple of C201 and C500.

Am I missing something, or it is impossible without a cloud plan to do anything sensible with the SD Card amnd its recordings ?

I can just playback, but not download any recording IF NOT on the same wifi network (?????!!!!!), and not be able to delete single recording, but only format the SD Card to erase the content ????

Any plan to make them into viable ipcams not forcing people to purchase tp-link cloud plans ?

Regards,

Fabrizio

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Access to SD Card-Solution
2024-06-06 03:59:21 - last edited 2024-06-14 04:04:55

@InTheAir 

Hi,
Currently, to prioritize protecting customer information security and privacy, minimize the risk of unauthorized access to video recordings during network transmission, and ensure stability during the download process, our Tapo cameras allow to download the video recordings stored in the SD card locally only. Thank you for your feedback about this feature here, I'll log it and forward it to the relevant team to evaluate and improve our product.

About the feature to delete individual video clips from the SD card, you can vote on this thread.

Please note that subscribing to the Tapo Care service or not won't affect the above features regarding the SD card.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Access to SD Card-Solution
2024-06-06 03:59:21 - last edited 2024-06-14 04:04:55

@InTheAir 

Hi,
Currently, to prioritize protecting customer information security and privacy, minimize the risk of unauthorized access to video recordings during network transmission, and ensure stability during the download process, our Tapo cameras allow to download the video recordings stored in the SD card locally only. Thank you for your feedback about this feature here, I'll log it and forward it to the relevant team to evaluate and improve our product.

About the feature to delete individual video clips from the SD card, you can vote on this thread.

Please note that subscribing to the Tapo Care service or not won't affect the above features regarding the SD card.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 275

Replies: 1

Related Articles