C100 record quality

C100 record quality
C100 record quality
2024-06-23 19:48:51
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I understand no matter what the quality is set to on the app, it records to the sd card in HD. My problem is if I need to download the footage for eg. The police, using the app, it's only going to be a low quality footage not hq. I think is mad that the only way to download hq footage after the event is to physically remove the sd card on use a pc or laptop etc. 

This is something I feel needs rectifying. I'm sure there's a reason you have the firmware set like this, such as heat etc but in a real life situation it's not the best. We might need the hq version there and then for reasons such as identification etc, without wasting vital time having to mess around removing and reading the card, which may possibly be in a different location. 

All bandwidth etc are good with no issues 

Options
1 Reply
Re:C100 record quality
2024-06-24 11:17:05

@stevew_68 

Hi,
1. For the Tapo C100, the video recordings stored on the SD card are in High Quality and if you remove the SD card from the camera, connect the SD card to a PC, and copy the video recordings from the SD card, the video recordings are also in High Quality.
How do you test if the video recordings are in Low Quality rather than High Quality?

2. Thank you for your feedback about the feature to download the video recordings from the SD card on the Tapo app, I'll log it and forward it to the relevant team to evaluate.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 151

Replies: 1

Related Articles