Votes

Tapo android app. Timed shortcut cancellation feature

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Cancel stop interrupt previously launched delayed action. Please vote on the main thread.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Cancel stop interrupt previously launched delayed action. Please vote on the main thread.
2024-06-25 01:12:49 - last edited 2024-07-02 02:53:01
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.4.512

(Not sure if I selected the correct hardware version)

This is about the tapo app android version.

Id like to know where the timed shortcut cancellation /termination/abort button/feature has gone?

To be clear, this was a feature previously available. (Before user interface overhaul n updating) 

The feature allowed me to cancel a timed shortcut event that I setup and click for activation but change my mind before it executed the action for e.g turn light off in 20mintues. Within that 20minute window id like to cancel the action, but how ?

Id also like the app to allow keyboard input for the lights brightness percentage as well as the sliding bar! (Also a feature removed)

Please don't take away useful features or hide them!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo android app. Timed shortcut cancellation feature -Solution
2024-06-28 02:54:04 - last edited 2024-07-02 02:52:18

@Tapo_user_GB1 

I think you were using the Timer feature of the smart plug, instead of the shortcut. The timer can be stopped at any time while the shortcut cancellation feature did not exist.

About this feature, you may join the discussion of this post and vote for it. Cancel stop interrupt previously launched delayed action

About the light brightness, do you mean you need to control the brightness of the lighting device attached to the back of the plug, or do you mean the tapo bulb?

The Tapo bulb has always used a slider for brightness control within the app, and did not or still does not support keyboard input.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo android app. Timed shortcut cancellation feature -Solution
2024-06-28 02:54:04 - last edited 2024-07-02 02:52:18

@Tapo_user_GB1 

I think you were using the Timer feature of the smart plug, instead of the shortcut. The timer can be stopped at any time while the shortcut cancellation feature did not exist.

About this feature, you may join the discussion of this post and vote for it. Cancel stop interrupt previously launched delayed action

About the light brightness, do you mean you need to control the brightness of the lighting device attached to the back of the plug, or do you mean the tapo bulb?

The Tapo bulb has always used a slider for brightness control within the app, and did not or still does not support keyboard input.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 188

Replies: 1