Sticker didn't stick, camera fell within hours

2024-08-10 12:40:08 - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo C425  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.18

Just got my first C425, followed the instructions about cleaning the surface and how to apply the sticker - didn't work. After about 3 hours since installation the camera dropped from about 2 meters.

It did survive the fall pretty flawlessly though, at least it's built tough - but why include the sticker at all if it's not reliable?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Sticker didn't stick, camera fell within hours-Solution
2024-08-12 09:59:01 - last edited a week ago

@Fbphoto 

The installation option "Stick to a clean wall" applies best to smooth surfaces made of tile, glass, marble, and metal. Sticking to coarse, porous, and other textured surfaces may result in damage from falling off. 

What type of wall did you apply the 3M sticker to? Please share pictures of the mounting location (where the 3M sticker were applied) and the back side of the magnetic base/metal plate.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Sticker didn't stick, camera fell within hours-Solution
2024-08-12 09:59:01 - last edited a week ago

@Fbphoto 

The installation option "Stick to a clean wall" applies best to smooth surfaces made of tile, glass, marble, and metal. Sticking to coarse, porous, and other textured surfaces may result in damage from falling off. 

What type of wall did you apply the 3M sticker to? Please share pictures of the mounting location (where the 3M sticker were applied) and the back side of the magnetic base/metal plate.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Sticker didn't stick, camera fell within hours
2024-08-12 13:17:25

@Wayne-TP It was installed on a glass window (properly cleaned beforehand). The side that didn't stick was the one on the metal mount. It's already mounted high up in the wall with screws so I don't want to remove it, just wanted to leave this product feedback that the sticker didn't hold my unit. Luckily it survived the fall and I'm happy with it now.

Options
Re:Sticker didn't stick, camera fell within hours
2024-08-13 09:01:12

@Fbphoto 

Do you mean the camera falls from the magnetic base? Or the magnetic base from the metal plate?

We're appreciate it if you could share a picture of where the camera was previously installed. Our tech team would like to see the environment where this issue is occurring, to document this case.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 148

Replies: 3

Related Articles