HOW TO IMPROVE CONNECTIVITY?

2024-08-12 06:47:05 - last edited a week ago
Tags: #h200
Model: Tapo H200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.5 BUILD 20240726 rel. 48294

Is there any way to boost/improve connection of H200 to C420 cameras (other than just moving closer)?  I get a signal strength of around -55 consistently that sometimes connects and sometimes does not.  When it fails to connect I see the camera spot light on. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:HOW TO IMPROVE CONNECTIVITY?-Solution
2024-08-13 09:55:49 - last edited a week ago

@timjphi 

In addition to the distance between devices, obstacles in the environment are also a factor that can affect the signal strength of the wireless connection between devices, such as reinforced concrete walls, iron gates, closed doors/windows, etc...

*More about How to improve the connection stability of my Hub and its sub-devices

The -55 dBm signal strength is average, not very bad.

From the phenomena, it seems like an issue on the mobile network rather than the camera's signal strength. Does this problem occur when your phone connects to local WiFi to view the camera?

Do not enable VPN when using the Tapo App. Check whether there is a problem when the mobile signal strength is strong or when you're on a WiFi network.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:HOW TO IMPROVE CONNECTIVITY?-Solution
2024-08-13 09:55:49 - last edited a week ago

@timjphi 

In addition to the distance between devices, obstacles in the environment are also a factor that can affect the signal strength of the wireless connection between devices, such as reinforced concrete walls, iron gates, closed doors/windows, etc...

*More about How to improve the connection stability of my Hub and its sub-devices

The -55 dBm signal strength is average, not very bad.

From the phenomena, it seems like an issue on the mobile network rather than the camera's signal strength. Does this problem occur when your phone connects to local WiFi to view the camera?

Do not enable VPN when using the Tapo App. Check whether there is a problem when the mobile signal strength is strong or when you're on a WiFi network.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:HOW TO IMPROVE CONNECTIVITY?
2024-08-13 12:08:29

@Wayne-TP  When this connectivity problem occurs, videos are not stored on card or cloud.  When problem occurs, I seem to be able to connect enough to cause camera spotlight to come on, but not enough to send video from camera to H200 Hub.  This problem happens at home on my network (maybe on other networks also).  Hub is wired to modem.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 137

Replies: 2

Tags

h200
Related Articles