Activity Zones

Activity Zones

Activity Zones
Activity Zones
2024-08-15 13:42:14 - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.16

I've recently switched from ring and tried setting up my doorbells activity zone to cover just my drive and not capture traffic on the road. I've tried this both as basically and as elaborately as I can to cover just my drive, however it captures random road movement (even well outside the activity zone) but not someone walking directly past the doorbell! There must be something I'm missing but I'm not sure what! I've turned sensitivity right down and right up, turned off vehicle detection but then it just triggers as movement! 
Please help, it's driving me crazy notifying me about random cars but not people stood at my door!!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Activity Zones-Solution
2024-08-16 07:29:47 - last edited a week ago

@Lozrenna 

Could you run a comparison test by walking within the detection range under these two scenarios, observe the camera detection situation in each case.

1. Turn on both motion detection and person detection.

2. Turn on person detection only.

What's the wake-up sensitivity of your doorbell? How about the sensitivity of the person detection?

More info about How to Install and Configure Battery-Powered Cameras for Optimal Detection Performance

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Activity Zones-Solution
2024-08-16 07:29:47 - last edited a week ago

@Lozrenna 

Could you run a comparison test by walking within the detection range under these two scenarios, observe the camera detection situation in each case.

1. Turn on both motion detection and person detection.

2. Turn on person detection only.

What's the wake-up sensitivity of your doorbell? How about the sensitivity of the person detection?

More info about How to Install and Configure Battery-Powered Cameras for Optimal Detection Performance

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 112

Replies: 1

Related Articles