C520WS freezing when panning the camera

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Tags: #Remote Control #Freezing
Model: Tapo C520WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.28 Build 240606 Rel.39146n

I've recently installed a C520WS and it is working great. The only problem I have is that the device freezes for a long period whenever we try and pan the camera.

I've tried restarting the device and removing any scenes saved but still have the same issue.

One thing I've noticed is that if i sent the command to pan, go back in the app and then go back to the camera it will have moved a small amount. It just freezes if I try and move it any further and goes non responsive with the loading symbol.

It seems to just reboot whenever i try and pan using the app.

The signal strength varies between -53 to -59 so a moderate connection speed. Pings to the device are usually <5ms with the occasional spikes to <10ms

We also have a C210 which pans without any issue, on the same network, etc.

Options
3 Reply
Re:C520WS freezing when panning the camera
3 weeks ago

@Strawberry-TP 

Hi,
1. Can you tilt the camera via the Tapo app? What happens after the app freezes and shows the loading symbol? For example, the app will load the live feed finally, or do you need to force close the Tapo app and re-open it to watch the camera?

2. Can you share a video showing the reported issue?

3. If you use an iPhone, please go to the Tapo app>Me>Help & Feedback>Cameras>Feedback>select your camera, tap Next>type forum ID 695854+C520WS+your nickname, check Add System Logs & Send App Log, tap Send Feedback to send us the app logs after the problem happen for further analysis.
Please update this thread if you have sent the app logs.

Best Regards

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

1. Yes, but tilting via the app freezes and the device seems to reboot, or at least go non-responsive for a very long time. Sometimes I have to force reboot the device by unplugging and replugging the adapter.

2. I will try and get one and send it via the app or attach here. Basically, I just select the movement option, move it in any direction and it either moves a tiny amount and freezes or just freezes with the loading sign.

After recording the video the device just went offline and had to be rebooted to get it running again.

If you watch the timer at the top it freezes as soon as i try and move the camera.

3. Done, I am using iOs so i have done the feedback form as advised.

File:
ScreenRecording_08-29-2024 20-29-32_1 (video-converter.com).mp4Download
Options
2 weeks ago

@Strawberry-TP 

Hi,
I have escalated the case to the tech team, and they will contact you via email to continue troubleshooting. Please wait patiently.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 158

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles