hotspot to iphone with wifi - wifi states no internet connection & local control only

hotspot to iphone with wifi - wifi states no internet connection & local control only

2 weeks ago - last edited Saturday
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 3.6.501

Morning All

I have managed to secure a connection between with C210 and my iphone.  The wifi connection states - NO INTERNET ACCESS - this in turn means i can't share the content connection to another phone to remotely view the data on the camera.

Has anyone any solution to this problem?

Many thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:hotspot to iphone with wifi - wifi states no internet connection & local control only-Solution

@MMacg 

Hi, 
If your Tapo C210 is connected to a Wi-Fi network without an internet connection, it can't connect to our cloud server, and you can't remotely view and control the camera when logging in to the Tapo app installed on a different phone.
If you want to remotely control the camera with the Tapo app, please ensure the camera connects to the internet.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:hotspot to iphone with wifi - wifi states no internet connection & local control only-Solution

@MMacg 

Hi, 
If your Tapo C210 is connected to a Wi-Fi network without an internet connection, it can't connect to our cloud server, and you can't remotely view and control the camera when logging in to the Tapo app installed on a different phone.
If you want to remotely control the camera with the Tapo app, please ensure the camera connects to the internet.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 71

Replies: 1

Related Articles