Archer C7 V3 Drops 2.4ghz band every other day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-07 09:30:54
Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I wanted to put this here because it drove me nuts for a few weeks and I almost returned the unit. Every few days the C7 would drop the internet connection on the 2.4 ghz band. I could still connect, but no internet was detected. The 5ghz band was just fine. I found that powering down and restarting my router would fix the problem for about 48 hours before problems started up again. This was ridiculous though.

The simple fix was to change the channel in the setting from "Auto" to a specific channel (I chose 8) and its been working for over two weeks now with no hiccups at all on both bands.

I hope this will help someone.

Cheers!
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C7 V3 Drops 2.4ghz band every other day
2018-03-08 10:22:48
Good sharing:cool:
Options
2019-12-13 19:23:11

the same with my router TL-WDR4300 2.4GHz band repeated signal failure, but 5GHz band just fine after about 4 or 5 years of use.

I turned on and off Hardware NAT.
I was restoring factory settings.
I downloaded the latest firmware.

Nothing helped, it was enough to copy the data over a 2.4Ghz wifi local network and after some time the router was blowing out the network, i.e. the network as an access point on 2.4Ghz was and could be connected to it but there was no internet or local network, and the message was DNS something

So far, instead of "Auto" I set the channel width to 40Mhz and somehow works. Local speeds reach from 20MB/s to less than 1MB/s until they eventually range within 355KB/s but the network does not crash.

And the internet speed reaches 100/10 Mb/s

Options
2021-01-02 09:51:41

Same here with AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Model No. Archer C7

At the moment I have changed Channel Width from Auto to 40Mhz and right now it works.

If this is not a permanent solution I will be back with another reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4582

Replies: 3

Related Articles