TL-WR802N No Internet in Client Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-14 17:54:56

I have a router that does not have wireless capability and I am trying to get interent through the router to half a dozen PCs and Raspberry Pi computers connected to the router.  My Internet comes by cellular link where the cell phone is WiFi hotspot.  I setup the TL-WR802N in client mode entered all of the details through the various configuration screens - received a confirmation message on the last screen that all was complete.  I clicked 'Finish' and the TL-WR802N completed configuration and then rebooted - upon reboot, I lost the configuration site.  I plugged the ethernet cable from the TL-WR802N into the eth0 / internet port on the router and rebooted everything.  I sitll have no interent acceess to the devices through the router.   I confirmed that WiFi is turned OFF on the two devices that had the capability so it would force them to connect through the router.   I checked the admin page for the router and confirmed that devices, including the TL-WR802N were connected and being seen by the router.  The router is DHCP configured and each device is showing as 'online' and each with its own unique IP address.  What might be issue of not getting interent to the devices connected to the router?  Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WR802N No Internet in Client Mode
2019-01-15 00:27:04

@geocacher Setting the 802 in client mode is generally if you plan to connect one device like a computer or TV. In your situation it would be best to set up the TP-Link device as a Hotspot Router. This link will show you how:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-1325.html

Once the TP-Link device is in that mode, it will provide connections via Wi-Fi or wired. Finally, the user interface may look different, but the references are the same.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2688

Replies: 1

Related Articles