Orange internet light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Orange internet light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Orange internet light
2021-09-29 11:46:08
Try a firmware update. It worked for me.
Options
2021-12-02 02:42:53

@Seriouslywhydoa You described my scenario EXACTLY. Only part you missed is I spent 20 minutes on hold and 15 o. the phone with Motorola to verify my modem was working after the hour with comcast. Did the factory reset on the router. Still no internet at the router. My wife works from home and this has already cost her a day. Please tell me you found a solution.

Options
2021-12-02 16:58:42

@joehomeowner 

There are many reasons for this so you need to work through dofferent things.

First I would bypass the router and connect a PC direct to the modem and ensure a good signal from the ISP and the modem is good. That may be a tempory work around for your wife. Also good to check anytime you are having internet issues. Helps to deteremine where the issue is.

Next I would try different cables. Yes they do go bad as do the connectors and new ones have been known to be bad.

Be sure the router's firmware is up to date.

When a new router is attached to a modem, sometimes the modem does not want to connect to it. If the router has a WAN IP address of zeros, the modem and router are not talking to each other. 

Most cases you need to power down and unplug everthing for several minutes and the power up and wait for each to stabilize, starting with the modem, then router, then the PC.

Most do not follow the install instructions in the guide. This is from the A7 guide:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/user-guides/archer-a7&c7_v5/chapter-2-connect-the-hardware#ug-sub-title-1

1.Unplug your modem, and remove the backup battery if it has one.

2.Connect the power-off modem to your router’s Internet port with an Ethernet cable.

3.Power on the modem, and then wait about 2 minutes for it to restart.

4.Connect the power adapter to the router and turn on the router.

5.Verify that the following LEDs are on and solid to confirm the hardware is connected correctly.

Options
Related Articles