Deco m9 Lan random stop working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-06 14:00:27 - last edited 2019-05-06 14:13:22
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.8

I love deco but i think i have some problem for a while since i use Deco m9 that drive me crazy alone since most of my family member use only wireless, But for me I'm using the lan connection. The Deco m9 lan will random stop working random which i have no idea

This is how i connect

modem -> deco unit 1 -> deco unit 2 -> Tp-link Hub( TL-SG1005D ) -> pc / server / etc / router

The lan will stop working for Deco m9 unit 2 until i need to reboot it , The problem really drive me crazy i have no idea i though it fix since i use to use it since 1.2.4 and i though 1.2.8 fix it but look like i'm still on the same boat which make me a bit headace. Any one got suggestion about the lan connection random stop wokring ?

I'm try to switch between unit 1 and unit 2 for main deco no diiferent , Also try switch the hub no different

-sometime lan speed will run only half but reboot fix it :( , only reboot second unit that backhual so i'm wonder what the problem

Thank you

Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco m9 Lan random stop working
2019-05-06 23:34:06

@pockypok 

What mode are you using the Deco's in, Router or AP?  I ask because the example you provided you said you are connecting a router to the 2nd unit.  I just want to make sure that was just an example and not a application.   The reason that could be a problem is the Deco's ethernet ports are WAN/LAN the 2nd unit could be detecting the router as a router and switching the port from a LAN to a WAN.  If a router is connected and the Deco's are in router mode try puting this 2nd router in an AP mode or removing it from the equation and see if the issue clears up.

Best Regards 

Options
2019-05-07 03:12:53

I'm confuse how can you set only deco second unit as AP ,

Since my modem at only brigde and i use first deco as pppoe to connect to the internet , I'm checking the APP but see only change the whole network to access point which i don't want :| , Any instuction how to config only 2nd Deco to AP , Thank you

Options
Re:Re:Deco m9 Lan random stop working
2019-05-29 23:38:33

@pockypok 

Sorry for the delay in a respone.  I did not get a notification of a reply.  We are working on this but please Tag me so i see the notification.  There may have been a mis cominication.  In you description of the problem you said  "pc / server / etc / router"  with that I thought you were stating there was a 2nd router as the Decos themselves are a router and that was what i was referign to make sure is in an AP mode.  

Options
2020-03-15 06:52:06

@pockypok I have the same issue, have you been able to resolve it?

Options
2020-03-15 06:52:16

@pockypok I have the same issue, have you been able to resolve it?

Options
2022-01-08 16:15:59

@arbel Same issue for me, any resolution? Looks like we are many in the forum that has the problem and no good answers from Tp link?

Options
2022-01-11 02:12:12

@swemaverick 

Hi, nice to see you again.

Please refer to the suggestions in the other post.

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1501

Replies: 7