Bogus no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-24 16:02:47
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Most recent

I’m super frustrated. I’ve got several devices (all Apple) connected to my net run by deco M4s. All have at one time or another connected successfully including to the internet with no problems. Periodically one or another will connect to the net but will have No internet connection. In the case of an iPhone, moving it closer to another node it will connect just fine. Moving it back to the previous location it will not have internet. 

The ipnaddress appears to be that that of the modem, and there is no router address. In the case where it is connected, the router address and router address is what is expected (192.168.etc). Are the connections being limited by bandwidth or some other parameter?  The decos are a week or so old and have had the latest firmware. 

Any help?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Bogus no internet connection
2019-08-26 03:03:29

I have had that issue for months on my iPhone Xs Max and iPad.  I beleive it's an Apple issue. It has happened away from the Deco as well using cell data.  Seems to have started with somewhere around IOS 12.2.  I am currently ( 3 days) running the public beta of IOS 13 and haven't seen that issue YET however it was sporadic so it could still reoccur. 

Options
2019-08-26 19:43:34

Have you tried disabling Fast Roaming?

Options
Re:Re:Bogus no internet connection
2019-08-26 23:51:27

It is disabled.  I am currently stable for some reason after entering up address and router address manually on an older iMac.  Other devices seem stable as well. Holding my breath!  Throughput is amazing. 

Options
Re:Re:Bogus no internet connection
2019-08-27 00:00:23
Check response to disabling quick roaming. The iMac is running a fairly old OS X.
Options
2020-10-19 22:24:22

@Ooopsie 

I am having the same issue with all my apple products (Ipads, Mac, Iphones).  The internet connection comes and goes.  My non-apple products work just fine.

I tried setting up and using the 5g "guest" account but it does not change the situation, the connection still comes and goes.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 957

Replies: 5

Related Articles