Trouble Accessing tplinkwifi.net on TP-Link Archer C9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-20 21:51:15 - last edited 2019-10-20 21:57:53
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: Archer C9(US)_V3_171215

I've had my router for about two years and had no issues but lately my internet has been sketchy and the ISP blamed my router (of course).  To investigate, I logged into the router on tplinkwifi.net and updated the firmware and also set up a couple of options to track usage.  This was last week and everything was fine.  Yesterday, I changed a few more settings to get more info and think I screwed up a setting in the DHCP section as my wifi stopped working when I rebooted and I was unable to access the router to fix it. 

As I wanted to return my router to its former state anyway, I did a reset by pressing the WPS/reset button for about 10 seconds.  This gave me back functionality and now I can access the internet by direct connect and also wirelessly by using the wifi password that originally came with the device.

The problem is I cannot access tplinkwifi.net to manage settings on my router anymore.  When I enter tplinkwifi.net, 192.168.1.1, or 192.168.0.1 I get a page that doesn't ask for username but only asks for a password.  I've entered the routers default password of 'admin' numerous times but it doesn't work.  I've also tried my old password along with my former wifi password (worth a shot).

I follow the recommended process to reboot the modem, then added the router then plugged in my laptop with wireless off but it didn't work.  I've cleared my cache, used a browser with no extensions, and cleared my DNScache but nothing seems to work.  I enter the password at the login screen and get a 'Login Failure' message every time.  It doesn't make any sense because as I understand it, the reset should have reset my password to 'admin'.

I'm really hoping I've missed something silly but I'm at my wits end.  I'm a bit worried the firmware update may have caused issues but I had no issues after upgrading/rebooting and I'm sure I used the correct version.

Does anyone have any ideas that can help me fix this issue?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Trouble Accessing tplinkwifi.net on TP-Link Archer C9
2019-10-21 17:43:27

@Ztowner 

Do a factory reset on the router again, download the Tether app, connect to the default router wifi. You will see the router pop up, select it. The Tether will log in with the default credentials.

Options
2019-10-21 21:17:58

@Tony Thanks.  This fixed the problem and allowed me to set up a new password so I can now log in from the Tether and my PC.

Options
2019-10-21 23:27:34

@Ztowner 

Great to hear the router is working now.

Appreciate the update.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 838

Replies: 3

Related Articles