Dynamic DNS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Dynamic DNS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Dynamic DNS
Dynamic DNS
2019-11-04 15:26:20
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have a longtime registered domain name and I just canceled my longtime static ip with centruy link.  My DNS provider is DNSExit.  Can I use DNSExit's dynamic DNS service with my Archer?

Thanks

Oakguy

Options
7 Reply
Re:Dynamic DNS
2019-11-05 21:27:25

@oakguy 

Unfortunetly no.  The Archer A10 support  TP-Link, DynDNS, and No-Ip for DDNS, but currently no one else. 

Options
2021-05-18 08:25:15 - last edited 2021-05-18 08:26:07

@Carl i own a Archer A10 V2. I set it up initially with no IP but Im tired of renewing it every 30 days. Im ok with tplink dns. But after I log out it changes DDNS provider back to no IP even when it has been logged-out and saved. And Tplink-DNS provider change. I repeat and after logout same thing happens. How to save it permanently to tp link DNS provider. Is there a firmware patch for this. 

Options
2021-05-18 11:45:48

@oakguy 

I have an Archer C8 which does not support the DDNS provider that I use.

I have found that since my ISP provided IP address does not change, I can use any DDNS provider and just leave the router setting for DDNS off.

I have had no issues since my IP address has not changed. As a side benefit, the router is not connecting to the internet to report my IP address to the DDNS. 

So, if your IP address remains the same, continue to use the same DDNS provider and not use the routers DDNS feature.

Options
2021-05-18 17:19:28

@c1u3 

After setting up the service it should stay on the service an save the settings.  can you provide screen shots of what is happening so we can look into it further?

Options
2021-05-19 16:39:41

Hi @Carl,

As you can see in the screenshot, I have registered a 3 addresses and have it bound to to the first address. There is no save button which can confirm my DDNS config is saved. Now once I log out the service provider is changed back to No-IP.

Currently it's logged out and that's why it says "not launching". Im not able to erase the entered info in the username, password and domain name fields as well.

Options
2021-05-19 17:31:27

@c1u3 

I no you said you are currently logged out but when you have TPLink DDNS setup are you still logged in with the No-IP credentials?  That is the only reason I can think of why it would default back to No-IP.  If the answer is yes than i will need to send this to our software team and have them investigate. 

Options
2021-05-19 17:33:59 - last edited 2021-05-19 17:34:24

No it's not logged into No IP. Its currently logged out. That is why it says not launching

Options