Mesh with powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Mesh with powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Mesh with powerline
Mesh with powerline
2019-12-05 01:26:49
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just purchased the M3 3 pack from Amazon. I understood based on the documentation I could find that I could plug in ethernet in each device. The video says just plug into the ethernet port. When I opened the box for inspection I see the cylinder has two ports Lan and Wan. 

I was hoping to extend my router to the basement for my camera system which requires an ethernet connection as well as add better wifi coverage in the rooms there. 

I see now there is a Deco P9. It appears this uses powerline.

When I started my search I was just going to purchase a new powerline adapter which has the ethernet at the main and at the remote. I was concerned because my basement is on a sub panel and read somewhere that would not work well.

What can I do to get an ethernet connection extended from the router upstairs to the room with the camera system? Any thoughts?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Mesh with powerline
2019-12-05 19:11:10

@alsmith 

The Deco M3 is unique in our Deco product line as it currently is the only one who's satilite units are not like the base and do not have ethernet ports.  However with this said our Deco are interoperatable. Meaning you can add other versions of a Deco into an existing system (up to 10 units in total).  So the easiest thing would be to get a 1-pack of a Deco M5 for example add it to the network and place it in the room where ethernet is needed.  

You could also use the 2nd ethernet port on the main unit and connect it to a PLC adapter and have another ethernet equiped PLC adapter in the room where ethernet is needed.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 667

Replies: 1

Related Articles