Archer AX50 multiple issues regarding connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-11 11:38:13 - last edited 2020-02-13 05:12:50
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20200109 rel.36848(5553)

Here are a few issues that I am experiencing, which have persisted after a factory reset:

• Two smart devices, Kasa model HS105, are constantly losing their connectivity to the router, as though it 'forgets' that they're connected. The connected echo dot is unable to access these devices until I open the Kasa app on my phone and reconnect them manually. Lowering the beacon interval to 40 for the 2.4Ghz band does not resolve this problem.
  • Changing the beacon interval for the 5Ghz band causes it to cease functioning entirely.
  • Telnet and SSH applications, which are supposed to remain connected without frequent input, experience up to 30 seconds of delay in response or disconnect entirely if not given input every 5-10 minutes. This seems erratic and as a result I am unable to test this, but has never occured until using this router

I think that's everything I can think of. I have tried changing every single setting on this router to try to get it to correct these problems and have no idea where to go from here. Please help, thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer AX50 multiple issues regarding connectivity-Solution
2020-02-12 17:19:54 - last edited 2020-02-13 05:12:50

@ArcherC8 I have tried specific channels and width, unfortunately none seemed to work. Setting the 5ghz channel to 160 width seemed to make it undetectable by any of my devices, even though my wifi adapter claims to be capable of it(but I believe that's my adapters problem). I appreciate the link but unfortunately I'm running a later firmware version on the hs105s and there does not seem to be an option to roll it back. That does seem to be their problem though so perhaps it is a firmware problem on those specifically. I'll investigate further.

Edit: I set the RTS Threshold for both bands to 500, and the beacon interval to 40 on both bands. This seems to have stabilized the connection and I'm going to count it as the solution for the time being. If the problem returns I'll post a new thread.

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer AX50 multiple issues regarding connectivity
2020-02-11 12:59:37
Since you have multiple issues, first rule out the ISP and modem. Power cycle everything. Run some speed tests with a PC connected to the router via an Ethernet cable. Be sure to use good cables. Now disconect the router and connect the PC direct to the modem, bypassing the router and rerun the speed tests. If the almost same results then reattach the the router. Ensure the router firmware is up to date. Since there is a lot going on, I would reset the router to factory and reenter the settings then retest.
Options
2020-02-11 23:07:51

@ArcherC8 

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Please note in my above post that I had already done a factory reset on the router. The router's firmware is on the latest version because updating it was literally the first thing I did once it was connected to the internet. Please note that connecting my PC to the modem is irrelevent, as it is not internet connectivity but local LAN connectivity that is having issues. Devices are losing WIFI connection, as if they don't exist on the LAN any longer. The router does not see them connected in the IP tables for WIFI. It is 100% without a doubt the router. Swapping it out for my Asus RT-AC66U eliminates all of the problems. These issues have persisted ever since I first plugged in the router, and continue to this day despite updating firmware(of both the router and the smart plugs that are having issues), factory resets of both the router and smart plugs, and rolling back firmware to -any- previous versions(I've tested them all over the last two weeks). Considering they lose their connection to the router at least once a day it's been fairly easy to confirm whether or not the issues persist.

Options
2020-02-12 13:52:19
If you are changing beacon levels then I assume you have tried using specific WIFI channels and different Channel Widths? Please see this post as it may help. https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/151719
Options
Re:Archer AX50 multiple issues regarding connectivity-Solution
2020-02-12 17:19:54 - last edited 2020-02-13 05:12:50

@ArcherC8 I have tried specific channels and width, unfortunately none seemed to work. Setting the 5ghz channel to 160 width seemed to make it undetectable by any of my devices, even though my wifi adapter claims to be capable of it(but I believe that's my adapters problem). I appreciate the link but unfortunately I'm running a later firmware version on the hs105s and there does not seem to be an option to roll it back. That does seem to be their problem though so perhaps it is a firmware problem on those specifically. I'll investigate further.

Edit: I set the RTS Threshold for both bands to 500, and the beacon interval to 40 on both bands. This seems to have stabilized the connection and I'm going to count it as the solution for the time being. If the problem returns I'll post a new thread.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-11-23 09:46:30

@ArcherC8 

Hi, 

even in ethernet, i have never more than 300Mbps on a 1 Gb connection, directely to my FAI Box, 950Mbps, so the routing slow down everything.

about Wifi 6, no more than 200Mbps on a Iphone 11 ! If i switch to my old Aiport Extreme , i'm about 500Mbps in wifi 5 !!

Options
2021-11-26 02:30:09

@quinzero 

Your speed seems have been resolved by switching to AP modem then back to router mode, please check and confirm.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5099

Replies: 6