Archer C5400X w/ latest firmware, drops wi-fi connectivity to internet all the time.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C5400X w/ latest firmware, drops wi-fi connectivity to internet all the time.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
76 Reply
Re:Archer C5400X w/ latest firmware, drops wi-fi connectivity to internet all the time.
2020-08-18 18:08:38

@Phil1234 ¿Cuál banda deshabilitaste? Verifica que sólo una de las bandas 5 Ghz permanezca activa y que no esté activa la Conexión Inteligente.

Options
Re:Archer C5400X w/ latest firmware, drops wi-fi connectivity to internet all the time.
2020-08-18 19:10:42
Ive disabled 5g1 for now. So i have 2.4g and 5g2 still enabled. I was only spotting the issue on average once a week, though i suspect this is likely due to my wife using predominantly 2.4g perhaps the second two devices are on 5g things go wrong thus why i only see the issue every now and again. Smart connect is disabled.
Options
2020-09-01 15:20:54

@Tony Any idea when the next router firmware update will come out to resolve this issue?  I am using this router for business and the drops are quite frustrating...

Options
2020-09-01 21:32:46
Ok, So ive disabled 5g1, and run like that for a week or so. Still seeing issues with regular disconnections since latest firmware. Im also now wondering if the issue is to do with range or beamforming. For example ive found the issues seem more frequent if a bit further away. Ie if i go to the other end of the house and try to use the wifi, the connection drops and the router throws a fit, wifi then goes down for a couple of minutes on all bands whilst it sorts itself out (even if you go near again its still down) after its sorted itself out i then end up with good quality strong signal, able to max out my 110mb connection at the other side of the house (where the router initially didn't want to know).
Options
2020-09-02 03:16:17

@R7000_Guy 

El router colapsó. Hoy empezaron los reinicios y ahora queda en un bucle de reinicios interminables.

El led pasa de blanco rápidamente a amarillo.

Parpadea una vez en amarillo rápidamente y luego trece parpadeos normales en amarillo, luego vuleve a un parpadeo blanco, así de manera interminable.

No funciona el hard reset pese a introducir un paper clip y presionar más de 5, 10 y hasta 20 segundos inclusive.

¿Cómo salgo del bucle? ¿Cómo lo restauro?

Probé desconectando de la corriente por largo tiempo y volviendo a conectarlo, sin éxito, sigue con el reinicio.

No puedo ingresar tampoco mediante cable LAN porque el router no para de reiniciarse.

Alguna ayuda por favor!!! 

Options
2020-09-26 11:00:53

@juancaspiess 

So i had a car which was less than 2yrs old and 6th gear stopped being accessible... The Manufacturer had to correct the defect to make the product fit for use again..... TP link are you reading this? 

My £300 router is a 3 legged donkey still.... With only 2 fully functioning bands, instead of the 3 I paid for.  Any fix in progress for this?

Options
2020-10-13 19:15:55

@R7000_Guy 

Had this exact same issue with the same troubleshooting steps to take.  After back and forth a few times with chat assistance they sent me a refurbished router.  Not sure what to expect since we all experience the same thing with it working great for the first 4-6 months then straight downhill afterward.  TP Link clearly has an issue here that they need to address.  I'd hate to switch brands at this point since many of my smart home devices are also TP Link. 

Options
2020-10-19 22:15:28

wuhan wrote

@R7000_Guy 

I HAVE TRIED THIS but im unable fix this issue as well? From last 4 days i'm trying to fix this issue.

@wuhan did you find any working solution? help me I need to fix it.

Options
2020-10-20 09:13:53

@R7000_Guy So just to see if people are suffering from exactly the same issue, I experience these same regular internet loss dropouts (even though the wifi connection appears to remain connected most of the time) only on the 5GHz-1 wireless channel.

Both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz-2 are both completely stable.

Is this what others are experiencing, or are you seeing these issues on both 5GHz channels?

I'm not expecting a vendor fix any time soon, but has anyone actually been able to resolve this?

Options
2020-10-31 22:49:07

@MaffCloggs 

I found disabling 5g2 has prevented my disconnections.  This said its also hampered the range in my house (i might try setting the same frequencies i had set up in 5g2 within 5g1 to counter that).  TP link dont seem to acknowledge the issue.  Im being sure to keep my amazon review up to date on progress. 

Options
Related Articles