Steady connection until using MS Teams, Zoom or Skype

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-16 14:00:54
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have 4x Deco M5 units across my house which is overkill i know but i have strange walls. However the the best part they work really well and have very few drop outs until recently. Which may be ISP related but my ISP is showing no errors with serivce status (Virgin Media)

So when i do a Teams, Skype or Zoom call the deco nearest the laptop slow pulses red after a random amount of time, sometimes 10 minutes into the call. The Deco is ethernet to my laptop and the Deco connnects wirelessly to another Deco before ethernet to the Virgin Media router (latest model)

This occurance happens 2-3 times within a half hour call and is a real pain. The connection works fine for the most part. Occasionally i have the same issue on my TV streaming youtube videos but very rarely. 

It looks like the Decos are struggling with the two way audio or video calls - is this possible? 

FYI after the pusling red the connection regains within 20-30 seconds.

Anyone else seeing this problem.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Steady connection until using MS Teams, Zoom or Skype
2020-06-17 22:06:21

@Randy4 

The red LED on a Deco usually indicates it is not getting an IP. Is the main Deco also turning red? If not, then I would relocate the Deco. If the main Deco does turn red to then internet is dropping to it from the modem.

Options
2020-09-03 16:51:34

@Randy4 

Hi, 

Yes seeing a similar issue I beleive. Very recently installed Mesh of 3 Deco M5 devices connected to a Plusnet router.

Coverage is great, and seems to be working very well, however when on Skpe conf calls for work find that the audio drops after differing periods and I then need to reconnect to the conference. The Network connection is still strong, and the LED on the Deco device remains a solid green. 

I have through the Deco configuration assigned my laptop to the one hotspot in the same room to confirm it is not swapping between access ponts casuing the issue, but this has not helped. 

My current setup has a network cable connecting the primary access point to the router, and then wireless connection from the other 2 hotspots. The laptop is connect to one of the wireless hotstops is the same room.

Prior to using the Decos the embeded wireless in the Plusnet router did not experiance this issue. 

Firmware running on M5's 1.4.7 Build 20200725 Rel.63377. 

Fast Roaming is not enabled, but since I have it assigned to the one AP I assume this should not matter. 

Any thoughts?

Options
2021-07-06 13:28:16

@Randy4 Ooh, I'm having similar issues. I have great wifi coverage, great speed and ping, but my video calls tend to be stuttery. I can't see a node from my desk, but I'll have to check for a red light. Did you ever figure it out?

Options
2021-07-09 02:27:08

@konnichimade 

Hi, For this issue, the following link would provide some guidance:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/266994

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2420

Replies: 4