Slow wifi AX11000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow wifi AX11000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:Slow wifi AX11000
2020-06-21 03:16:10

@ewiz06 the coverage is great, but speed is awful. 260 hardwired vs 950 (on a 5 year old prior router), something is wrong. This ax11000 has great specs but I didn't do my homework. Thing is garbage. My prior router, which is five years old, blows this out of the water. Will not buy tp link ever again, that is for sure.

Options
2020-06-22 20:16:28

@Tony is there a new firmware that is coming out for this?

Options
2020-07-21 17:46:00

@ewiz06 

I returned my archer 11000 yesterday after it got overheated and stopped finally. It had doen teh same, when it was new a few weeks ago...

Options
2020-07-21 17:56:51

@mswaldia the thing is garbage. I replaced it with the Netgear AX12 and it's night and day in comparison. Should have stuck with Netgear from the beginning.

Options
2020-07-30 00:23:43 - last edited 2020-08-07 18:20:21

I was noticing wired speeds at 400 MB to 500MB and have the 1GB plan.  Before this router I was getting great speeds, very frustrating.  In running the speed test from inside the router it was and still is getting results between the 400 MB to 500MB range.  Running from outside website speed tests I was getting the same thing.  Then I found in the Advanced> HomeCare> QoS> Total Bandwidth was set to this lower speed result.  There is an edit button above the 6 circles, I changed to Manually set to above my expected plan speeds.  After making this change it manages to the capable speed, not the low speed the the speedtest has.  Seems the speed test is screwed up and then managing to that top speed, and the result is cutting the potential in half.  Now speedtest.net will hit 930MB wired. My wireless speeds are better, but still not where they should be.

Options
2020-08-17 19:23:51

@Ray10 I've been battling this issue for weeks now, to no avail.  At 1.2gbps link speed (2" from router), no other devices online, no programs running on laptop, my best speed test is 500/500.  Wired I'm 850/900, paying for 1gb service.  I've spent multiple evenings, multiple hours, with TP Link remoted into my PC, to no avail.  It eventually was determined my router was defective, only to find that they sent me the exact same version/build for my RMA, and it's doing the exact same thing.  So weeks later, zero progress.  Not to mention if you're not using the beta firmware that I had to dig through the forums for, your 2.4ghz devices will expire their IP lease daily and then tank and will not connect, and you'll have to reset your whole network to get them back online again.  Either they need a firmware release ASAP, or otherwise this hardware just simply cannot achieve the advertised speeds and they should be compensating appropriately.  I bought this ONLY for the fact that I was getting gigabit internet, and being my laptop is AX compatible, I wanted to get the most out of my speeds.  I'm torn because I want to like this router, but it's been one thing after another, idk how much time I'm supposed to invest before saying enough.  I'd like to think they will release a firmware update that will hopefully address the speed and 2.4 issues, but I don't want to miss my return window, cause at that point I'm stuck with it.  What's frustrating is there doesn't seem to be any TP Link presence or responses to these numbers of complaints, which further frustrates me and exacerbates the situation. Lamenting with everyone else here unfortunately, unsure what to do.... 

Options
2020-09-01 21:54:19

@ewiz06 i have returned routers and modem/router combos to Costco many years after purchase ... you should be able to return any time you want and test others out and return them. perk of Costco purchases ....

Options
Related Articles