Reset TP Link Deco, don't know how to reconnect.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-11 22:10:19 - last edited 2020-07-11 22:19:07
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I live in an apartment complex with no direct access to the internet (Via ethernet wall plug-in) which is why every unit has a Deco. Basically the internet has been on the fritz the last few days so I thought if I reset the Deco it would resolve the slow internet speed issues I've been facing. I believe what I've unintentionally done is disconnected my Deco from the main Deco, so I can no longer connect to the internet unless my Deco is plugged directly into the modem which is in the basement (not at all feasible). I want to know how I'm supposed to reconnect my Deco to the modem wirelessly but from what I've gathered the main deco has to be connected (wired) for the slave decos to then connect to the main Deco wirelessly. Unfortunately my landlord has no idea what I'm talking about and isn't of much help, she also doesn't know who set them up. When I use the app to set up my Deco it wants me to create a new wi-fi name and password, however I can still see the normal wi-fi for the building that we've been using this whole time. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Reset TP Link Deco, don't know how to reconnect.
2020-07-13 22:35:19

@N8MOTO 

In order to set up all the Deco units you need to create a TP-Link ID and password, then you would create the Deco network.

So in this case, you need to log into the Deco app with the ID and password that the network was created under. Once you do that, you can then add that Deco to the existing Deco network.

If there is no way for you do do the process above, you can try to set that one unit up yourself by doing what you mentioned in creating a TP-Link ID and password yourself. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1445

Replies: 1