C2300 and Deco Mimo question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-19 22:19:53
Model: Archer A2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.03

Ok got this C2300 Archer some months ago because it is advertiesed with MIMO. I am ready to add the mesh like Deco 5. However there seems to be a huge lack of information.

I searched this forum but there is not a connection between the two. Why? If this router is MIMO compliant then why is that not covered, I read a manual on the Deco 5 on Amazon and it seems that you have to turn off features in the C2300 and remove it from the WAN for Deco 5 to put in place.. that is strange to me. So maybe I am assuming this router is not MIMO compliant, and the Deco is a different branch and is? Can TP-Link clarify?

Options
1 Reply
Re:C2300 and Deco Mimo question
2020-07-21 21:25:52

@jeterry3 

You can use the Deco M5 along with the C2300. The big difference is that the Deco has its own proprietary way in which is provides Wi-Fi (Mesh). The C2300 is a typical wireless router and will broadcast its own 2.4G and 5G.

Say you had both units, you can have two setups.

1. Have the C2300 be the main router, and connect one of the Deco M5s to the LAN of the C2300.

2. Have the C2300 be the main router, and switch the operating mode of the Deco to AP Mode, the mesh capabilities will still be present.

You do not have to turn off any features of the C2300. One recommendation is you want to go with the first step is to turn off the Wi-Fi on the C2300 so the Wi-Fi from the C2300 does not cause interference with the Deco that is wired to the C2300.

With respect to MIMO it is a feature but does not tie them together as they are each their own device.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 451

Replies: 1

Related Articles