Deco M5 randomly goes down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-04 00:29:13
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.4.4 Build 20200221 Rel. 65392

I have a new Deco M5 which has been running for 1 month and twice already that I would wake up in the morning and the LED light turns RED. I manually restart it to restore the internet connection, and I check the logs via the web UI but do not see any significant logs at all from that day.

Is anybody experiencing the same issue? I am on the latest version as of July 2020.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 randomly goes down
2020-08-04 16:09:05

@acesxi 

If it is the Deco wired to the modem, then the red LED is saying it is not getting an internet connection. It could be simply the Ethernet cable so I would swap that out and see if the connection still drops. Another thing to potentially try is to use the other LAN port. 

Options
Re:Deco M5 randomly goes down
2020-08-05 02:09:45 - last edited 2020-08-05 02:10:10

@Tony hi, I doubt that it is the modem because I have a laptop wired directly to the modem as well and it is not losing connection, and also when the Deco is manually restarted, the internet comes back after a few mins without touching the modem. Will try your other suggestions though and will get back here to report after 1-2 weeks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 914

Replies: 2

Related Articles