CPE510 in bridge mode, takes down my network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-17 21:09:31
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I have a Google mesh network in my home. I am trying to extend network to my barn, about 150' away. I thought I would try a single CPE510 in either repeater or bridge mode first, before commiting to a second CPE510 for a AP & client setup. The CPE510 is pliugged into the same switch as my primary router if that matters.

Setup seems to go fine for the CPE510 in either repeater or bridge mode. However it seems to shut down my entire network once the config takes hold. Any device on my home network tried to grab a new IP. They eventually get one but then no traffic seems to resolve. All I can do is disconnect the CPE510 or reset it to get me network back.

I followed TP-Links guide which was straightforward. I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong here. Any help would be appreciated!

Options
2 Reply
Re:CPE510 in bridge mode, takes down my network
2020-08-18 12:30:45

I'm an idiot and had not disonnected my LAN cable soon enough. It's no longer killing my network since the loop has been removed.

I'm still not getting any internet access when connected to the CPE510 though. Do I need to setup DHCP or anything on this new network created by the bridge? Everything is pretty much at the defaults right now.

Options
Re:CPE510 in bridge mode, takes down my network
2020-08-19 15:43:21

@giblet 

In going point to point you generally want two units, one to send the signal and another to receive the signal like shown here: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1226/

A different user was doing a similar setup which they didn't have internet but got it working: https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/219752

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 776

Replies: 2

Related Articles