archer ax11000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

archer ax11000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
archer ax11000
archer ax11000
2020-08-29 04:08:50 - last edited 2022-10-21 02:16:22

Just bought an archer AX11000. I have a 1gbps connection at home. When i stand next to the router, i get 400 mbps. I have tested the wired connection and its close to 850 mbps.

Does this router not able to achieve these speeds? When i had 1 gbps connection and an asus wifi router i was hitting 600mbps + speed few feet away from the wireless router. That router was bought years ago and went bust just this year. Does anybody know how to get this router to hit high speeds, otherwise i am planning on returning this weekend.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:archer ax11000-Solution
2021-09-07 15:22:46 - last edited 2022-10-21 02:16:22

@jaidev I just spent 2 days debugging the same problem. Then I spent an entire afternoon chatting with TP-Link support. After all that wasted time and running around, the problem was fixed with a very simple change. 

The AX11000's Speedtest function is faulty. It reports speeds just over half the speed you're actually getting.

The problem arises in that by default the AX11000's faulty Speedtest results are used to set the router's QoS (Quality of Service) capacity limits!

Solution: On a web browser, go into "Advanced" -> "HomeCare" -> "QoS" and manually edit the "Total Bandwidth" to your actual Internet service values.

My AX11000's Speedtest was returning download values in the 600 Mbps range. My actual service is 1200 Mbps. As soon as I manually edited these values, Speedtest from my 1 Gbps Ethernet attached PC went from 600 Mbps to 950 Mbps, which is what I'd expect for a 1 Gbps attached Ethernet connection. 

You can verify your actual ISP's (Internet Service Provider's) delivered speeds by connecting a PC via Ethernet directly to your Modem (you'll need to power cycle it to get it to recognize your devices MAC address) and running a Speedtest that way.

Note - if you have faster than 1 Gbps service, you'll need the appropriate adapter for your PC to archive it's rated speed. 2.5 Gbps and faster USB-C adapters are available for around $30 if you need one.

Hope this helps. Let me know if it fixes your problem. 

Regards,
Bill Finkelstein, retired high tech exec.
p.s. Note - Smart Connect works fine at the higher speed if you manually set the QoS values. 

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:archer ax11000
2020-08-31 18:07:00

@jaidev 

Make sure you are not running smart connect where you just have one network name. Test the speeds on both the 5G1 band and the 5G2 band.

Options
2020-08-31 22:56:46

@jaidev  Read through this post "Ax11000 dropping 2.4ghz every other day".   I applied the beta firmware mentioned in there several months ago and it improved my speeds and stability.   To get the absolute best speed, I did need to turn off smart connect and tune it a little manually.  However after applying that firmware, Smart Connect works so well I just leave it on all the time now.  Good luck.

Options
2021-03-30 03:27:02

@jaidev I got the this router and it seems working fine except one thing, speed test.  In router admin, it has speed test and this function always give me much lower speed than other web speed test that I try, only on the down stream.  The upstream is OK.  For example:  I get speed test from web pages is around 800 mbps, then I got tp-link speed test is around 400-550 mbps.  Sometimes, it went down to 200 mbps.  Is this the hardware problem, or firmware?  or the tp-link speed test in the router admin is a junk?

Options
2021-03-30 13:02:43
Remember that a speed test speed is also affected by where and what server you connect to for the test. One would think that TP Link would use the fastest site possible. If you use a VPN expect much slower speeds and if it connects to the 2.4 GHz, the speed will be slower.
Options
2021-03-31 15:38:57
I've seen similar with mine. When my download speed was 600 speedtest worked perfectly from the router, very consistent ratings. Recently when xfinity upped me to 800 i've had inconsistent readings with the routers speedtest it will show anywhere from 400 to 912 download, but my clients are very consistent around 800. I noticed if I have QOS set to use speedtest rating, clear the speedtest history and try again, the first test generally gives me a more realistic measurement. I decided to just set my QOS manually to what it should be and forget it. The router seems to be doing what it should be doing even though that internal speedtest says differently.
Options
Re:archer ax11000-Solution
2021-09-07 15:22:46 - last edited 2022-10-21 02:16:22

@jaidev I just spent 2 days debugging the same problem. Then I spent an entire afternoon chatting with TP-Link support. After all that wasted time and running around, the problem was fixed with a very simple change. 

The AX11000's Speedtest function is faulty. It reports speeds just over half the speed you're actually getting.

The problem arises in that by default the AX11000's faulty Speedtest results are used to set the router's QoS (Quality of Service) capacity limits!

Solution: On a web browser, go into "Advanced" -> "HomeCare" -> "QoS" and manually edit the "Total Bandwidth" to your actual Internet service values.

My AX11000's Speedtest was returning download values in the 600 Mbps range. My actual service is 1200 Mbps. As soon as I manually edited these values, Speedtest from my 1 Gbps Ethernet attached PC went from 600 Mbps to 950 Mbps, which is what I'd expect for a 1 Gbps attached Ethernet connection. 

You can verify your actual ISP's (Internet Service Provider's) delivered speeds by connecting a PC via Ethernet directly to your Modem (you'll need to power cycle it to get it to recognize your devices MAC address) and running a Speedtest that way.

Note - if you have faster than 1 Gbps service, you'll need the appropriate adapter for your PC to archive it's rated speed. 2.5 Gbps and faster USB-C adapters are available for around $30 if you need one.

Hope this helps. Let me know if it fixes your problem. 

Regards,
Bill Finkelstein, retired high tech exec.
p.s. Note - Smart Connect works fine at the higher speed if you manually set the QoS values. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1674

Replies: 6

Related Articles